• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Briteline Holographic Vinyl

Goatshaver

Been trying this out. It's nice. I don't get curling like I do with other metallic vinyls. But with it being 6mil adding a a 3mil laminate makes it incredibly thick and doing a full die cut sticker, which people want, is hard to cut, I'm guessing it's probably about 15mil with the backing paper.

Is anyone using this material doing these types of cuts? I've done unlaminted kiss cuts and full cuts, which have worked well. I've just never cut anything that thick before and not sure if it's a good way to go.

rjssigns

IIRC the "trick" method from a recent thread was to double cut not perf cut. S'posed to be simpler to set up. I don't know as I haven't tried it, but was thinking about it this morning after running a batch of labels.

Saturn

Aging Member
I did a little test a while back with some plain white 6 mil stuff, and some 15 mil Substance laminate. I had to crank the cutter to 600g and do 2-3 passes, but it worked*. Not sure I'd want to be running my cutter at max all the time, but your combo should in theory work. (*I was just doing small 9-12 sq in pieces, not motocross panels that I'm sure would have been problematic.)

I'm hoping to try the same combo at some point, so post your results!

Boxzilla

I tried using this and my Summa cant find the registration marks, my Roland can no problem but it doesn't cut it supper well.

Has any one else had this issue?

I've never had an issue with my Summa finding the registration marks before.

Goatshaver

I tried using this and my Summa cant find the registration marks, my Roland can no problem but it doesn't cut it supper well.

Has any one else had this issue?

I've never had an issue with my Summa finding the registration marks before.
You need to calibrate you OPOS sensor to it and also a filter over the sensor helps. I've gotten it to work pretty good it can be picky reading the marks at times though.

Attachments

• OPOS Filter for Reflective.pdf
    794.1 KB · Views: 141