• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken bag repair

TomZ

I had a broken PIP Float SSI so I ordered it for $121 and replaced it but now I'm told that I have to buy the Broken bag kit for $842. This machine is a money pit. And the half hour to talk to a tech is insane. End rant

Billct2

I just had a broken bag issue too, on my back up z6100. After looking at what was involved in fixing it, and not even being positive that would be it, I decided to retire this machine.
But I have no complaints this was the first issue after many years of use.

TomZ

They seam to be money pits

I wish the owners would but the machine is only 2 years old. I just got the Maintenance 3 done, Now the heaters for the curing died First 1 then another so after the second one I did them all. then the scan axis motor failed now the broken bag problem all within a month.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I had a broken PIP Float SSI so I ordered it for $121 and replaced it but now I'm told that I have to buy the Broken bag kit for $842. This machine is a money pit. And the half hour to talk to a tech is insane. End rant

You can get a certified used Z6100 60" for less than $2k

TomZ

They seam to be money pits

I wish the owners would but the machine is only 2 years old. I just got the Maintenance 3 done, Now the heaters for the curing died First 1 then another so after the second one I did them all. then the scan axis motor failed now the broken bag problem all within a month.

bilge

I'm surprised. Z6100 doesn't have a heater for curing. Are you talking about latex? In z6100, maintenance kit number 3 required at 800,000 sqf. The scan axis motor is included in maintenance kit #2 and should be replaced at 535,000 sqf run. If you earn Net profit of 0.5 $/sqf, then at maintenance kit#3 you should made 400,000 US$. Just buy brand new printer like z6600 (if you can D5800). A lot of improvement done. If you talking about latex, it is a whole new story.