• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brokering through Commercial printer ?

Vinylman

I have several customers that I want to provide commercial printing to.
Years ago, I ran a full service commercial printing operation. I have been in the sign industry for over 25 years, and now find myself looking for a company or companies that I can broker through.
Anyone got leads on TOP NOTCH printers that sell through brokers only?
I want to be able to protect my contacts and still offer my customers quality with a reasonable commission for brokering the printing.

Thanks for your input.

I have heard of 4over4, and also ZOO.

Any thoughts??

Locals Find!

trade.4over.com
grprint.com
inkolor.net

these are ones I use consistently. I broker a lot of printing so I rely on these as they do what you want right the first time and my issues have been few and quickly resolved professionally when those few did arise.

They are all strictly trade only operations.

I personally don't care for zoo (even though I use them occasionally for certain projects) as their site is complicated and so is their pricing. I get a headache trying to figure some things out on their site.

Edit: just wanted to add that all these companies do allow local pickup, but given that your in Ohio I doubt much that your going to want to drive to some of these locations GRprint is in California, and Inkolor is in Miami.

Last edited:

txsurfer

The big Companys like 4over are great for some items, but to be able to offer everything you need to establish a trusting relationship with someone local as well.

mark galoob

4over type companies are good for some things, but i find them lacking in the real meat and potatoes of printing...

letterhead
envelopes
multi part forms
booklets

theres tons of money in this kind of printing that they just dont do...find a local digital printer and start a trade/retail type relationship with them. it will be great for both of you and will create dollars for both ofo you

mark galoob

KevSign

I had heard those company will send their Rep around back door to get your client because they print your jobs and get your files and ready to print with lower cost to step in. I think you should look around your local Commercial trade print shop that you can trust, you can press check or fix file right away. Online printing (gang run) is just for Postcards, flyers, Business cards. But big client you should think twice.

I still work in 2nd shift for offset printing trade shop very loyal to their clients; they are still busy shop with this economy and try compete with online printing.

I am their employee and my client too. We are print wide format for my company.

royster13

The local printers I have approached think 15% to 305 off is enough for me.....Margin wise I can do much better with "real" trade suppliers....