• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bubbles on plexi

ozpall

hello guys, how can i install this vinyl so i don't get so many bubbles?
you can see on the pics the kind of squeegee i'm using.
thanks for any help,

Attachments

• pl,exi1.jpg
    pl,exi1.jpg
    953.7 KB · Views: 181
  • plexi2.jpg
    plexi2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115

signheremd

hello guys, how can i install this vinyl so i don't get so many bubbles?
you can see on the pics the kind of squeegee i'm using.
thanks for any help,
That looks like it was squeegeed too quickly. First clean the panel, then use Rapid Tac or Right On to lay it wet, as you squeegee make sure you advance only one third of a squeegee width at a time, feel for bumps/air bubbles and firmly push those to an edge, once it is down let it set for a few minutes so the adhesive and Rapid Tac can react, then lightly spray/mist the application tape and use your hand to make sure all of it is covered, let set for a minute and the application tape adhesive will soften and it will come up more readily, wipe up any leftover wetness.

Biggest mistake people make when squeegeeing is not overlapping passes enough. When you move fast and overlap little invariably you end up trapping air (moisture when laying it wet) between the passes. 3M recommends advancing 1/3 of a squeegee width with each pass. That is a good method as in reality as you speed up the amount of overlap ends up being reduced.

Mr.Signboy

Fortunately I always have a gallon or 4 of rapidtac handy. This was just what I've always been told, mix a few drops of baby shampoo and some amount of alcohol into water. Never tried it personally!
I prefer rapid tac, but I always have a small bottle of baby shampoo in my install kit in case I run out. It works well if you need it.

unmateria

Hi! Just water with some drops of neutral soap (for skin or hands). Dont use detergents or dish wash soaps since they have tensioactives and can make very weird things (surfactants?) when the temperature changes fast (they usually become hard and white)