• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions buggy or trolley to carry tools and material

bigben

I'm looking for suggestions for a buggy or trolley to carry my tools and material when I go to install site. I mostly do job in offices and stores. We often have to carry our stuff up-stairs. Right now, I have a tool bags with wheels that I can put small boxes over it and a trolley to carry rolls of material. That means I have to do two trips from the van. Sometime, it is far away from the site.

So does anyone have a setup to carry all the stuff at the same time that would also go up-stairs without too much of troubles?

Thanks. Ben.

Billct2

I guess it depends on the amount of materials involved and the number of installers. We have a few carts. The one that gets a lot of use for vinyl jobs is what we call the "granny cart" the folding wire grocery cart. Fits a lot of tools and rolls/boxes upright and when you get to a stair one guy grabs the handle the other the axle and walk it up.

2B

Moze is the EXPERT on mobile work stations

Also, there was a thread about carrying rolled vinyl, they cut the bottoms out of stacked milk crates and then attached it to a dolly for easy navigation in stairs

Aflac

We use the Milwaukee Packouts for tools and vacuum. I sometime use their "milk create" for product or strap the vinyl boxes to it using a bungee cord.

visual800

Went to Uline and bought a cart. Got it in took the small wheels off and put 8" harbor Freight wheels on it, so it could go across any terrain AND will roll over small objects. We had this one loaded down to paint lettering on a 3 story parking deck. Use it for interior installs also its heavy but handy. The one pictured is the first one I had since then I have bought another one and did the same setup on it BUT reinforcing all joints with nuts and lockwashers

Attachments

• IMG_6199.JPG
    IMG_6199.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 210

bigben

Moze is the EXPERT on mobile work stations

Also, there was a thread about carrying rolled vinyl, they cut the bottoms out of stacked milk crates and then attached it to a dolly for easy navigation in stairs

I'm the one that mentioned the stacked milk crates with the bottom cut. But that make one buggy for material and another one for the tools. I want to figure a solution for a all-in-one setup.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I don't really have a recommendation for something that will easily go up stairs loaded with materials and tools. It's rare that I'm on job sites that don't have working elevators available. My quotes generally specify that the pricing is with the understanding that there are functioning elevators. If there aren't, there's a surcharge for the extra labor.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
In the United States most commercial building have to have elevators and access ramps for wheelchairs. I was in a one story office once, and there were like 4 stairs to get to the other half of the building...they had to install a small open lift just for those 4 stairs.

Baz

In an ideal world .. Buildings should have room to go through with an electric golf cart and trailer!

CanuckSigns

How many rolls of vinyl are we talking? I've considered getting a Dewalt tool backpack for installs to free up my hands, add a milk crate onto the front of my utility cart to carry rolls of vinyl and I may have the ugliest/most practical solution!

netsol

I'm looking for suggestions for a buggy or trolley to carry my tools and material when I go to install site. I mostly do job in offices and stores. We often have to carry our stuff up-stairs. Right now, I have a tool bags with wheels that I can put small boxes over it and a trolley to carry rolls of material. That means I have to do two trips from the van. Sometime, it is far away from the site.

So does anyone have a setup to carry all the stuff at the same time that would also go up-stairs without too much of troubles?

Thanks. Ben.

this was the first thing i thought of,

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/custom-made-6-hannibal-lecter-hand-430916133