• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bullet Resistant Sign material???

SqueeGee

You should tell him that you're are skeptical of his bullet resistant sign material because you're a bullshit resistant sign maker.

acothran

I'm calling bull. Think about it for a minute....if you had a bulletproof glass/clear enclosure, you could mount a sign in that. For a "standard" sign, even if you had a self healing substrate, what about the vinyl or paint that is applied to it? Is there also a special 3M vinyl that self heals, without distorting? I don't think it's scientifically possible.

Allen

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm calling bull. Think about it for a minute....if you had a bulletproof glass/clear enclosure, you could mount a sign in that. For a "standard" sign, even if you had a self healing substrate, what about the vinyl or paint that is applied to it? Is there also a special 3M vinyl that self heals, without distorting? I don't think it's scientifically possible.

Allen

You're thinking too hard. :wink:

DOGraphics

vvv see Below vvv

maybe a mesh material like the "windows" in a shoot-thru hunting blind??

^^^ Plausible ??? ^^^

kev3232

If I knew what he was talking about...
Thanks for the feedback. I had just found out Armor Core and will give them a call, also thought of our self healing mat, but when we had drilled in it the holes are still right there.
HDU foam maybe? but I guess you still would have to cover it to resist the weather, and any protection would probably crack.

Anyhow, I'll post any good (or not so) findings.

Akuarela:thankyou:

man, i hate when i drill holes in stuff in they're still there!! why can't everything be self healing!!! oooo, i got it self healing sheet rock!! great for children and college kids!

pointjockey

found only in deep Brazilian jungles, this material comes from the Simianus Plant. This organic material was first discovered by local hunters about 40 years ago. It was discovered by accident when a local blowgun marksman blew too hard at a swinging tree monkey and missed. He noticed that the dart went through the leaf and the "hole" self healed before his eyes.