• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bumper sticker questions?

PortlandPrint

Wondering what most of you do if someone comes asking for bumper stickers?

We normally use oracal 3165 for our stickers and use 210 if they want them laminated. I think this would work but maybe be thicker than what people expect.

I have heard of folks using a removable vinyl for bumper stickers but was worried they may not last.

Not sure if I should just source them somewhere or if there are any material choices or tricks I should consider.

We print on a Roland eco solvent. Thanks!

Terry01

Bumper stickers are only a fad. Will last 3 to 4 years anyway. Only laminate if specified. Print them on the end of a run as they are usually only a one off

Inks

Just curious, how long will they last if going through the car wash without lamination?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Our stickers work great for bumper stickers. We generally use a removable decal with laminate. We have not seen an issue using removable. They tend to be a bit temporary anyway. You customers will appreciate a thick sticker with removable adhesive.

https://www.firesprint.com/fast-free-full-color-vinyl-decals/ (Free Shipping!)

Trucks

SignMaster.com
We use IJ35C with latex print without lamination for bumper stickers. After roll printing we process with our Colex flatbeds or Fotoba cutter.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Wondering what most of you do if someone comes asking for bumper stickers?

We normally use oracal 3165 for our stickers and use 210 if they want them laminated. I think this would work but maybe be thicker than what people expect.

I have heard of folks using a removable vinyl for bumper stickers but was worried they may not last.

Not sure if I should just source them somewhere or if there are any material choices or tricks I should consider.

We print on a Roland eco solvent. Thanks!
What longevity concern does the client need? Is the concern that they will come off on their own, or be removed by someone who See's it in a parking lot, disagrees and removes it?

The adhesive factor would be key. Temporary and cheap, calendared gloss of your choice. no lam.

d fleming

Rarely do them any more. Screen print on gloss white vinyl, occasionally do die cut. I plot rectangle for stock with cut lines for nested stickers inside and print.

victor bogdanov

I do them on cheap calendered vinyl, no lamination but with tranfer tape. Do a ton that way and have a few test ones on my car that look new 5 years later. Roland printer/inks. Only downside is full bleed if a very dark color needs a small white border or laminate