• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Card layout help

"Deposit Please"

Front of business card. How would you layout contact info. He wants chi Town in there too and not sure where that should go. I was thinking about centering everything below the logo, but not sure. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• confused bc.jpg
    confused bc.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 98

HaroldDesign

Actual information & logo art will help dictate the layout. Sometimes a logo may throw the composition one way or another. Could be the shape, colors, etc...
Hard to even say whether or not it should be horizontal or vertical at this point.

Locals Find!

Front of business card. How would you layout contact info. He wants chi Town in there too and not sure where that should go. I was thinking about centering everything below the logo, but not sure. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Put the Chi-town to right justified.

then the phone number & email centered across below that all one line with a bullet between.

Website centered on the bottom.

Make sure for the black you use a mix of C-60 M-40 Y-40 K- 100 to ensure your black doesn't grey out.

Also for a full bleed card. Make sure your measurments are as follows bleed area 3.625 x 2.125 Trim area - 3.5 x 2 Safe area 3.25 x 1.75

That is how I would do it IMO. As I design only 100 cards a day I may not be the best person to ask according to these boards.

SignManiac

There are a hundred different layout options available to you all dependent on the profile of the logo itself, color combinations, amount of text going on the card, the fonts you use for the card. That's if your goal is to "design" a nice card as opposed to just sticking stuff all over to fill space.

"Deposit Please"

Exactly. The logo is sized up pretty good, but not over kill & it will be centered on card. The logo is blue & white. Nothing else will be placed on card except of course, contact info. I want to keep it clean, just can't find a place for chi-town & throws everything off. . I will play around with it. Thanks

SignManiac

Well here's an example of one company with several different formats to give you an idea of the possibilities...

Attachments

• business card.jpg
    business card.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 86

artsnletters

That is how I would do it IMO. As I design only 100 cards a day I may not be the best person to ask according to these boards.
Wow, 100 sets or 100 cards? How do you keep the quality up banging out sets of cards EVERY 20 MINUTES during the day? You must be like a computer or something....:Big Laugh

Tim

Locals Find!

Wow, 100 sets or 100 cards? How do you keep the quality up banging out sets of cards EVERY 20 MINUTES during the day? You must be like a computer or something....:Big Laugh

Tim

100 sets. Quality is handled by the press department. Banging out that many sets isn't that hard. I mean really if your laying out 100 Realtors. How much change is there??

I change the picture the logo and the background takes a whole 5 minutes. I am not designing logos here. Were talking business cards. The simplest thing in the world to design.

Now if I had to do logos and be even more creative I couldn't do it. No way possible.

However, the OP didn't look like he was looking for a Michelangelo here. Seemed like he was looking for something clean basic and fast.

That is what I do clean basic and fast. I am not going to be winning any design awards any time soon for a business card.

artsnletters

100 sets. Quality is handled by the press department. Banging out that many sets isn't that hard. I mean really if your laying out 100 Realtors. How much change is there??

I change the picture the logo and the background takes a whole 5 minutes. I am not designing logos here. Were talking business cards. The simplest thing in the world to design.

Now if I had to do logos and be even more creative I couldn't do it. No way possible.

However, the OP didn't look like he was looking for a Michelangelo here. Seemed like he was looking for something clean basic and fast.

That is what I do clean basic and fast. I am not going to be winning any design awards any time soon for a business card.

i was just screwing with you...i like doing cards too. I try to upsell every job i do with the card order when i do a basic logo or truck layout. There is a lot of profit in them it you do it right. I'd be happy if i did 10 sets of 2500-5000 cards a week. That makes for a tidy profit at the end of the month, not to mention not too difficult if the logo is already done, as you said.
Tim

Locals Find!

i was just screwing with you...i like doing cards too. I try to upsell every job i do with the card order when i do a basic logo or truck layout. There is a lot of profit in them it you do it right. I'd be happy if i did 10 sets of 2500-5000 cards a week. That makes for a tidy profit at the end of the month, not to mention not too difficult if the logo is already done, as you said.
Tim

Were all good Tim. I don't take it personal. Most people can't believe I can do that many a day. Of course most people only work 8-10 hours a day and I average more like 14-15 at this point. Sleep just doesn't seem to be much of an option to stay on top in this economy.

Flame

If your website is any indication....they must be some BEAUTIFUL cards. Yellow on white with comic sans so with a double drop shadow in purple and a bunch of blingy green stars on there for no **** reason. :) :) :)

Locals Find!

If your website is any indication....they must be some BEAUTIFUL cards. Yellow on white with comic sans so with a double drop shadow in purple and a bunch of blingy green stars on there for no **** reason. :) :) :)

Your more than welcome to take over the website for me. I don't have enough hours in the day to fix that lousy site. Half my links aren't even operational right now.

I just design simple cards, because that is what my customers want. Straight forward Arial, the pic the logo. Done.

At $40 a 1000 plus $15 for layout I am not going to go all out.