• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business card magnets

mark galoob

i have a customer that wants to order 500 business card magnets. i currently have a mutoh 54" and can print, lam then apply then cut out the magnets.

or i could call stouse.

making them in house seems like a real pain.

any thoughts

mark galoob

joeshaul

I usually use 4over for my business cards and know they do magnetic business cards. Haven't ever ordered em, but know they're rated for indoor only (not UV stable), but most people put em on fridges, not cars.

ProWraps

they sell biz card blanks at office supply stores. we just put our biz cards on em. pretty cheap and work well.

pointjockey

I tried to do these in house and it was a nightmare. placed an order with Stouse. They were very expensive and it took them almost a month to get them to me. 4over was recommended to me as well.

Malkin

I thought stouse was pretty reasonable, although I can't remember off hand what they cost. I think they took about 2 weeks.

Mosh

Order them! But if you decide to do it yourself don't waste the laminate. No need for it.
We make our own for the shop unlaminated, never had a problem, they get stuck on frig doors mostly so no need to lam.

Pat Whatley

Stouse, you can get the cheap 3 day service cards or the slightly more expensive heavier cards. We do a couple of sets of the cheap ones a week.

jfiscus

Rap Master
we do them in house pretty often, about a set or more every week.
.50 each for under 200, .40 ea for 200-500, price drops more after that. customers love them. We print 24x50" sections for ease of applying to magnetic steeting, stick them wet to the mag, roll em dry and cut em.

Graphics2u

I've printed directly on the thin magnetic material (think it was digi-mag or something like that) and cut them myself. Wasn't too bad.

mark galoob

4over had the best deal i could find...

i thought about printing on digimag, but it was 10 bucks more than my cost on material at 4over and i dont have to mess w/ it...

no brainer...

thanks all for advise

mark galoob

royster13

I must have been asleep the last time I looked at 4overs magnet pricing....I thought they were higher than Stouse or TradeNet.....

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've printed directly on the thin magnetic material (think it was digi-mag or something like that) and cut them myself. Wasn't too bad.

I never seem to have "great" results when printing directly on the magnetic material - good enough for vehicle magnetics (12x24), but not high-res enough for business cards that will be viewed up close.