• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Cards

149motorsports

Does anyone do business cards that offers expediated shipping? Client of mine wats till the last minute and now needs them by end of week. Thanks!

visual800

we use 4 over for everything signs 365 also offer cards ( I think they still do) Not being a prick but he waited so its his problem right now everything is screwed up but try these 2 resources

Hahnprinting

How many cards do you need?
If they are standard paper types, and you can send a completed PDF,
I can get them turned for you.
Can ship UPS or Fedx priority.

jimbug72

Find a local shop with a digital press in house. Most of us smaller shops can turn a business card job faster than the big houses. It can also lead to more opportunities for yourself knowing you have a good local source for the rush jobs.
This is what we do. We get a really good deal from a small local print shop and their turnaround is usually 1 day or less, no shipping costs or issues either. It helps them fill runs and keep their machine humming so they give us a nice discount. They don't have much call for sign jobs from us, but when they do, we return the discount in kind.

If you can find a local who will offer a good wholesale discount, keep yourself abreast of their pricing so you don't accidentally undercut them. You should at least be a few % above their price. Our local gives us about 60% discount from their retail price. I mark our cost up 300% as our designs are a higher quality than the local can offer. Anyone who thinks we are too high, we refer to the local. Everyone wins, customer gets a "better deal", local gets the sale and I don't have my time wasted by a cheapskate.

petepaz

not sure what type of printers you have but could you make them 50 or 100 to hold them over till you can get the full order of what they need.
we have done that on a few occasions

Hahnprinting

Ha, sorry if that sounded abrasive, sh*tshow just seems an accurate descriptor!
Not abrasive at all !!!.
I just took the time to understand the Member/Paid Member differences are.
I'll get paid up here shortly.

Great forum.
Love the information sharing, along with the banter.
Makes my day !

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Take the file to Office Depo, get ten sheets of ten up on C1S Coated Cover stock, that will give you 100 cards to hold them over same day so you have time to get their final job done.
I do this three times a week for clients who forget to order until last minute.