• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Insurance

Adrenalinemisfit

Can anyone refer some insurance companies that do signs shops that install signs? I'm paying way to much and keep getting the run around with my insurance broker. We mainly do wraps, banners, decals, but we do sale lighted signs but mostly hire the lighted signs out to a sub to install. but sometimes we may have to install ourselves. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any info would be great! BTW we are paying out about $5500 a year with no clams ever. 5+ years in business for myself, in the sign industry for 18 years.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That's about what we pay with Country Mutual. We pay $443/mo

We have 2mil/4mil coverage, garage keepers up to 100k, vehicle coverage up to 500k per incident, data and error protection up to 50k, and 350k of business property replacement.

What is your coverage?

Adrenalinemisfit

We are at 2mil/2mil coverage, garage keepers up to 100k, vehicle up to 100K, and 300k for property.
No data protection, which I'm glad you brought that up!! That is a must!
Thanks for you info.
We had an audit last year, and based off of sales, we got a refund back. This year same audit and close to same sales (-10k)
and had to pay an additional $1500. I have been trying to get them to figure out why the the difference and have been fighting it for the past 3 months. So as of right now we are paying $722 a month. Which comes out to $8664 if we keep this up, when its only should be $5300 for the year. My broker does not return my calls or emails in less than a week. And always an excuse for why He has not got back to me. I'm just feed up!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We are at 2mil/2mil coverage, garage keepers up to 100k, vehicle up to 100K, and 300k for property.
No data protection, which I'm glad you brought that up!! That is a must!
Thanks for you info.
We had an audit last year, and based off of sales, we got a refund back. This year same audit and close to same sales (-10k)
and had to pay an additional $1500. I have been trying to get them to figure out why the the difference and have been fighting it for the past 3 months. So as of right now we are paying $722 a month. Which comes out to $8664 if we keep this up, when its only should be $5300 for the year. My broker does not return my calls or emails in less than a week. And always an excuse for why He has not got back to me. I'm just feed up!
The only thing that I know that would jump our audits is when we outsource more labor and don't always have there insurance cert listing us as a covered entity.

billsines

Ah yes, insurance! Insurance is just gambling: large corporations hedging their bets, betting against a calculated risk. Thing is, this kind of gambling is rigged always in favor in the insurance companies.

Adrenalinemisfit

The only thing that I know that would jump our audits is when we outsource more labor and don't always have there insurance cert listing us as a covered entity.

Well, I just found out that they didn't use our last year sales for the new rate, they used payroll this time. Which is crazy to me! Only having 2 employees and myself on payroll. Which is under 100K total.

Thanks again for you input!