• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a DC3+ need help

jpstripeit

I'm in the process of buying a used machine to enter the digital printing age. I need to know if I can separate the print cut section from the base so that I can move it where it needs to be. I know it comes assembled but The thing is big and heavy. Any help is appreciated:thankyou:

rcook99

I just helped a good friend move his and did it as one piece. He said it was delivered new as one piece so I am assuming it does not come apart. It is vary heavy but rolls nicely. Good luck I am sure someone else will have a definate answer for you shortly.

SignManiac

The DC-3 is outdated aviation technology. A great plane during wwII and a fantastic jump plane. But today most commercial drop zones are flying Dehaveland twin otters. It can carry twenty skydivers to 13,500 ft in under fifteen minutes.

Also parts replacement for radial engines is getting harder to find and keep running. They keep blowing pistons. Look into something newer if you don't want to burn in and crash.

Billct2

Only a guy fron Z Hills would postt that reply....or jump out of a perfectly good plane whatever the vintage.
As for the Summa, the DC4 is one big hunk of machine, no way to take it apart that I know of..I imagine the DC3 is the same.

dclet

the DC3 is on wheels you can move it easily, you can not seperate the print part from the cut part - physically that is, it is all one unit. It's around 700lbs
Tough to move on and off a truck without a forklift...hopefully who ever you are buying it from kept the palette and mounts ( i did )

Better yet find a towing company with a flatbed, we actual did this when we moved the machine to the new shop...no lifting at all. It was amazing to watch the tow truck driver move his truck,bed and winch around with such ease...I appreciate when people can do their job well :)

Does that help?

SignManiac ~LOL

www.digital-graphica.com