• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying used L25500 .. advise?

jkdbjj

Something's up with your settings. I do overnight runs all the time on all kinds of vinyl. Perf? No problem

I've seriously never ever had a problem with the takeup causing a head strike.

I still get head strikes. Most of the time it's on window perf, some on this crappy reflective I've finally burned through, and occasionally on banner... and that's when I get head strikes.

I don't know what it is about perf. I've tried pretty much everything, and it all wants to head strike if you aren't careful.
Dude you are giving me whiplash. I am taking your advice cause you are offering it, but you countered everything you just said. Confusing man :wink:

ProWraps

dude. one piece of tape in the middle???

come one. use at least one on each side, and put the plastic tension bar through the material after it gets far enough down on the take up system.

please dont give skewed bias about a machine because you did nothing to follow standard operating principals of the machine, and any printer/takeup system for that matter.

we have head strikes just like any other printer.

but this machine compared to anything else we have run is VERY stable to leave for overnight runs. the printers firmware coupled with the sensored hardware is so smart that its a very good option for unattended runs.

jkdbjj

come one. use at least one on each side, and put the plastic tension bar through the material after it gets far enough down on the take up system.

please dont give skewed bias about a machine because you did nothing to follow standard operating principals of the machine, and any printer/takeup system for that matter.

but this machine compared to anything else we have run is VERY stable to leave for overnight runs. the printers firmware coupled with the sensored hardware is so smart that its a very good option for unattended runs.
I am open to learn, don't get me wrong. I apologized for the advice I gave. I was just talking about my experience. Which is possible for him to experience if he is apparently not trained correctly. Right?

I have used tape on multiple sides before, but felt I pulled it true enough to tape it in the middle most of the time. Only on perf does it really strike, and occasionally on banner material if indeed I taped it skewed.

I love the machine, or I would have sent it back. I am just glad to hear others can leave it running over night. As a matter of fact, I didn't leave it running over night, but it had 2 hours left to print when I left today, and I was confident I had it on the take up good this time, thanks to the advice on here. And I always use the tension bar, that seems to be a must.

jkdbjj

BTW,
my wife and I are thinking of moving from Charlotte NC to Northern Ca. Any words of advice :D

Desert_Signs

Dude you are giving me whiplash. I am taking your advice cause you are offering it, but you countered everything you just said. Confusing man :wink:

I suppose I should have been a little more clear. I didn't say I never get head strikes, only that I've never had the takeup system cause it.

I get head strikes on perf and banner typically in the first few feet. Once it's on the takeup and with the roll shaper, it's not a problem anymore.

kyjoe340

I think the L25500 is an excellent printer to buy used because it's so easy and inexpensive to change the print heads. I bought mine new last Sept and it has done well for me, but I think saving alot of cash and buying a used machine is a good way to go with the HP also.

HeySteve

BTW,
my wife and I are thinking of moving from Charlotte NC to Northern Ca. Any words of advice :D
As a long time CA resident...wanting more than anything else to leave...my advice is to go ANYWHERE other than this loony bin of a state. Future as a taxpayer is grim...crazies run our government. Nice place to visit, though! :)