• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Buying used/Testing my omega on other machines

Will308decals

Hey all,

I am currently looking at purchasing another envision 375 and edge. The seller has all the power cords and everything for the equipment, just no software. My question to you all is, when I go out to look at the equipment I want to test it to make sure it is working properly, can I take my omega software and plug into his machine and everything run smoothly? Or will issues arise where I can’t use my software on his machines?

I current use omega 6.5 on an envision 375 and Edge 2, and I am going out to look at another envision 375 and an Edge LE

Let me know if the software is just plug and chug into other machine or not please! Any info helps!

Thanks,
Will

netsol

i can't see why your computer/software combo wouldn't be happy to work with any gerber equipment of roughly the same vintage
we run all of ours in flexi, i might fire up composer ONCE IN A WHILE,

Will308decals

i can't see why your computer/software combo wouldn't be happy to work with any gerber equipment of roughly the same vintage
we run all of ours in flexi, i might fire up composer ONCE IN A WHILE,
I assumed I could just plug and go, but I called GMS to make sure and they said some issues could arise. I feel like when I switch printers before I was able to use the same software, but that was 5 years ago so couldn’t really remember. Just thought some people on here would have a better idea and knowledge surrounding this than I would

netsol

you might have an issue with NEWER EQUIPMENT,that the software doesn't recognize.
a edge 2, if an le was the newest your software recognizes, i suppose.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The only issues I can foresee is that his cords for his machines might not be compatible with your computer you're bringing. Bring your cords and USB adapter cables if you can and it should be pretty simple to install/connect otherwise. You can run simple tests through the Edge itself without computer hookup, but that will not show color registration issues between multiple foils, but it will show a good or bad printhead. Bring some Gerber wipes to clean it also before your test print. Might also want to bring a fresh blade for the plotter.

Jburns

You can also run the cut test without software on the 375. I like to run my cutter slower than most 2.5 to 3 inches per second., Bring your own bladeholder and some material

netsol

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, windows will have to reload the driver from cached for a usb device.
windows recognized the device by a combination of machine ID and mac address or the equivilent.

Drip Dry

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, windows will have to reload the driver from cached for a usb device.
windows recognized the device by a combination of machine ID and mac address or the equivilent.
May not be easy but, Maybe you can bring your own computer with you and just plug in his equipment to test it

If you have a laptop, you could load the software onto your laptop, make sure it works with your machine and bring that with you
It would be easier, but I would rather bring the original computer that I know has been working

Will308decals

May not be easy but, Maybe you can bring your own computer with you and just plug in his equipment to test it

If you have a laptop, you could load the software onto your laptop, make sure it works with your machine and bring that with you
It would be easier, but I would rather bring the original computer that I know has been working
That was my thought. I planned on being my own laptop with the software already installed on it and test the equipment there. That being said, if the equipment works and I buy it, do I need to get another omega software for it? Or can I use my same omega software for my current edge 2 and envision, and also my newly acquired edge LE and envision if I buy it from him?

Drip Dry

That was my thought. I planned on being my own laptop with the software already installed on it and test the equipment there. That being said, if the equipment works and I buy it, do I need to get another omega software for it? Or can I use my same omega software for my current edge 2 and envision, and also my newly acquired edge LE and envision if I buy it from him?
If you have a USB dongle for it, I would think you could move it back and forth between machines,

jfiscus

Rap Master
You should be able to run all of the machines off of the one station/software. However, it may be easier to manage everything if you add another station/computer/software, if you have the space for it.

Adam.Foster

A 2nd seat of Omega software will give you a full backup system and is easier.