• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

caldera printing issues

PrinterJess

I am trying to print an image with a gradient and I keep getting "boxes" around the gradient areas. Never had this problem using Caldera before. I used to run Onyx and would get this all the time. The fix with that was to change the rendering intents. I am not sure that's an option with Caldera, or if it is I can't find where to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

oksigns

I am trying to print an image with a gradient and I keep getting "boxes" around the gradient areas. Never had this problem using Caldera before. I used to run Onyx and would get this all the time. The fix with that was to change the rendering intents. I am not sure that's an option with Caldera, or if it is I can't find where to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

A picture would be helpful. How was the image made? Kinda sounds like chromatic banding.

PrinterJess

attachment.php

Here is a picture of the boxes I am talking about. They just appear as hard edges in the yellow areas.
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 308

oksigns

Most likely, that PDF may have come from an Illustrator file with live styles, so when you convert it to an .eps, it attempts to flatten the style, causing blocky gradients. I would flatten the artwork in one file, preserve the vector lines in another and bring it together for a print and cut workflow.

N.E.

Sometimes it's just the way images and vector artwork are rendered if you have images set to Perceptual and vector set to Colormetric. In tht case I'll cange both to either one or the other and the box goes away.

bigben

Why not leave it in the native PDF format? Do you have the Adobe Print Engine with Caldera or are you using Ghostscript?

I was wondering the same thing. I always print in pdf format with caldera and have problem only once in a blue moon.