• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calendared Laminate that won't turn Brown like Oraguard 210

Graphics2u

I'm looking for a little help on laminates. I use tons of Oraguard 210 but it's almost all on indoor signage. I got burned on using the 210 outdoors many years ago because it will discolor and turn brown eventually. I'm wondering if anyone has had good success with a calendared laminate for outdoor use that won't turn brown and burnt looking after a few years in the sun? These are for vinyl decals that go on PVC posts that mak the location of underground waterlines out in the country. I could go with Cast laminate, but the money isnt in the job for that. I just know what's happened in my experience with Oraguard 210 And I don't really want that happening.

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

2B

you need to find / use NON-PVC Overlaminates
Look into 3M™ Envision 8048G/8050M

210 SUCK for outdoor applications, been there been burnt brown and lost customers because of it.

Aaron Hunter

Actually I’d go down from there to the 3M 8508-8510 laminate. I’d also check out Arlon’s cal overlam. 210 is cheap vs inexpensive. You’ll have to adjust your price point a bit.