• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calibrating computer monitor

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I am looking at getting a Spyderx monitor calibrator so that my printer will print colors closer to what is on my monitor. Can anyone tell me if Spyderx pro is enough or do I need to go with the Spyderx elite? I am using an HP laptop and printing to a latex HP 315.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Are you going to calibrate that laptop screen?
First I would check that the screen is even a decent one to calibrate. Getting a Good external screen will get you probably way further.

tamif

T-N-T Designs
Are you going to calibrate that laptop screen?
First I would check that the screen is even a decent one to calibrate. Getting a Good external screen will get you probably way further.
Yes I am calibrating my laptop screen. I guess I don't know how to tell if the screen is a good one, but it is all I got lol.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Laptop screens are notoriously poor for accurate colour representation unless they are specifically marketed as "design" models. Apple manufactured laptops are usually far better for accuracy and gamut.

As balstestrat says, you'd be faaaar better off connecting an external screen with full sRGB or even AdobeRGB gamut coverage and proceeding to calibrate that.

netsol

need more info

you need a model

pavillion is a family of products

like saying your car is a lexus,

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
This model has two different LCD options:

If it's the non-HD (1366x768 resolution) the sRGB coverage is a dismal 68%.
If it's the Full-HD (1920x1080 resolution) the sRGB coverage is a much more acceptable 94% with dMax of 2.9 which isn't overly bad.

I hope you have the latter version.

tamif

T-N-T Designs
This model has two different LCD options:

If it's the non-HD (1366x768 resolution) the sRGB coverage is a dismal 68%.
If it's the Full-HD (1920x1080 resolution) the sRGB coverage is a much more acceptable 94% with dMax of 2.9 which isn't overly bad.

I hope you have the latter version.
Unfortunately I have the first. So is it a waste of money to buy Spyderx?

netsol

Unfortunately I have the first. So is it a waste of money to buy Spyderx?

probably makes more sense to buy a decent, lcd monitor, and use the laptops lcd as primary monitor.
calibrating even the laptop monitor would be an improvement.