• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calibration issues on a multicam 3000

Moffale

I am running a 8 tool multicam 3000. Lets say I touch off material and table using a 1/4" bit, when I change tool to lets say a 1/16" bit the max depth changes and its almost guaranteed that I'm cutting deeper or shallower than if I would of touched off using the 1/16" bit at the beginning of the day. I would assume that calibrating each tool would tell the machine where the end of that bit is, but it doesnt seem to be the case. Can someone explain to me how a multicam saves information?

I checked the max depth, which was at .526 (which is normal). Changed the tool to a smaller height, but still a 1/4" bit. Calibrated the new bit and checked the max depth and it was now at 1.446.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
what program are you using with the machine?
Enroute or otiscout?

usually on their controller pad you can store the drop dead bottom value.
so when you use the normal tool height measuring it never goes pas a certain point unless it was manually adjuste.d

Moffale

what program are you using with the machine?
Enroute or otiscout?

usually on their controller pad you can store the drop dead bottom value.
so when you use the normal tool height measuring it never goes pas a certain point unless it was manually adjuste.d
Using enroute. on the controller the max depth in the 2D parameters is the thing thats changing as well as cutting into the burn sheet