• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

California style fonts

2972renfro

Can anyone recommend fonts that have a "California" style to them - I'm Midwest - so I don't know the culture well enough

Derf

Smoothy - Sign DNA Font
NewCity - Sign DNA Font

I use these fonts all the time for the word California

JoySigns

Are you looking for California beach culture (La Bamba, Hobo, Nevison casual) ...or hollywood culture (think of the Hollywood sign or movies, Terminator was mentioned above, just think of other movies and their styles) ...or retro drive-in/diner (Letraset Harlow & Frankfurter) culture? Or maybe a more "casual sophisticated" wine country look (you fill in the blank here!)? What I'm getting at is it really depends on what your theme is. Palm trees (though they are not native to California) are a common theme in a certain southern California look and I'm sure I've seen a font that incorporates them along with other beach icons. No single font is going to cover it all, so many cultural trends have started there. The internet is a perfect place to get a feel for California culture...just start Googling..."In-N-Out Burger" for example, to get a feel for things.

Derf

I guess California is a big place! So Cal is "stuck up" Bimbo land, Nor Cal is "High" SF Bay is liberal fruit land, Cow town in central Cali, Ski Bunnies in Tahoe, even Death in a Valley. Pick you poison! Any font is fine.

Derf

the Carmel valley just south of Monterey is good for me just a 3.5 hour drive however a 45min drive to Napa it's nice too :wine-smi: :wine-smi:

JoySigns

For delighting in the noble grape I am quite fond of Santa Barbara County and the Santa Maria Valley, (recently the subject of much interest due to the movie Sideways). During our two short years of living in Los Angeles County that was one of our favorite week-end escapes. Alas, the Nebraska wineries (yes, folks they really DO exist!!!) just don't hold a candle to those west coast delights.