• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Calling all Photoshop gurus...

Master's Touch

Hey gang...I have a layered tif image that I created in Photoshop that I'm having trouble with:

1. the filters are all grayed out.
2. I cannot save the file as a psd. In fact the ONLY save options at this point are: TIF PSB or RAW.

The file is RGB. I know there is some setting somewhere that I have selected, but I'll be danged if I can find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for all the help!

madisonsignguy

Hmm thats wierd I can't think of anything else that would do that. the 16 bit setting does everything that you described.

The only other thing that would grey out the filters like that is if your layers are locked but that still doesnt describe the not beingable to save it in other formats

Techman

pres the B buton and get into brush mode. If not, then make sure you do not have any masks started ,, no mater how small.

Derf

What is your color mode?

If not RGB some of your filters will be disabled

If the file is index color you will not be able to apply a filter

if the file is CMYK then you will have limited filtering.

Master's Touch

I found out what it was...but I still don't get it. THe file size is pretty big, around 750 mb, and the dimensions are like 18"x18' @ 150 dpi. When I sized it down by a third, everything came back.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep this from happening? Is it a scratch disk thing?

The comp I am using is a 3.8 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. THere should'nt be an issue with processing power....

Still scratchin' my head.

madisonsignguy

Go to :

Edit>Preferences>Memory&Image Cache
Increase your available ram settings.
Also when you do this make sure there are no programs running in the background and close everything except photoshop. If you give photoshop to much memory your computer will start acting wierd.

If you want more info on photoshop memory issues check out this link it gets pretty in depth on how to get more memory for photoshop. But be careful when messing with system files. http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/320005.html

Master's Touch

Did that...no difference. If I reduce the dimensions...or DPI it all comes back...but it seems I am at some upper threshold limit.

I am running CS2 btw.