• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CAMaster compatibility with EnRoute

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
We are thinking about getting a CNC Router to cut out our Aluminum Composite Panels to cut Sign Blanks. For instance, if someone wants a Speed Limit Sign that is 18x24 blank, it needs the radius to be round. So the CNC Router can cut the blank out with the corners exactly the same as the Aluminum Blanks that Hall Signs sells. We are thinking about getting a CAMaster router for our jobs. However, we use FlexiSign and VersaWorks for our Graphtec Plotter and Roland Printer. SAI has a software called EnRoute for CNC Routing. I am trying to research to see if I need to connect a machine driver to EnRoute to send the job to the router. Just like you can send a printing job from FlexiSign to VersaWorks, is there another software I have to connect to EnRoute to send the job to the router? Like Mosaik Software, WinCNC Software? Any software that is compatible to send jobs from EnRoute to the CNC software to cut the job?

astro8

EnRoute lists a driver for Camaster so how it would go is:

Design in Flexi click "Send to EnRoute" apply toolpaths and send to Camaster.

Or... you can design in EnRoute and send from there.

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
EnRoute lists a driver for Camaster so how it would go is:

Design in Flexi click "Send to EnRoute" apply toolpaths and send to Camaster.

Or... you can design in EnRoute and send from there.
So EnRoute is showing the driver selection and output are blocked and cannot send outputs. Do I have to have the CAMaster Router to connect the Driver to EnRoute first for EnRoute detect the CNC Machine?

MikePro

the way my CNC router works with enroute, is that it is connected via ethernet to form a network with access to a file folder system housed on a PC, with .cnc gcode files saved by Enroute utilizing the driver for my multicam.

your CAMaster should have something similiar, for Multicam it was a utilities package with a MachineConnections program that allowed me to connect to the CNC's specific IP address on the network.
googling your CAMaster usermanual, it appears that once you've established a connection then you use the Yaskawa Compass GUI on the machine to access&start the files exported to gcode by Enroute buuut I'm sure there's a portal for support from whomever you got your CNC from to walk you through the initial setup. Enroute has a Help section in the software to talk you through driver installation and howtoexportfiles.

Last edited:

astro8

Camasters come with Vectric software… you won’t need anything else if cutting blanks and 2d signage.
How many blanks do you intend to be cutting? Despite having a huge router 14’x7’ we use a guillotine, press with radius dies and an ironworker for punching round/ square holes.
One man can get through hundreds of aluminium signs and blanks far more quickly and cleanly than the router and we don’t tie it up for other jobs.

Last edited:

JBurton

Signtologist
For the dirt cheapest solution, use sheetcam. It allows much more flexibility than enroute, the author/owner of the software will custom write a post processor for you, and it's a one time purchase for life! https://www.sheetcam.com/
As for a DNC, sheetcam supports DNC to your router... but when I got my new one I never connected to the network. It would be nice to not lug around flash drives all the time, but it's nicer knowing that the CNC PC won't update to windows 11 overnight and f*ck everything right up!

MikePro

you might even just be able to get a subscription for enroute for one month, setup your default files, and then sign back up whenever you need to make some new things.
LOVE using enroute and have my own permanent copy buuuut I have been known to subscribe for a month, or a few, of dabbling with their 3D-enabled version and made some pretty neat stuff.

Last edited: