• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Camm Jet 500 problem

masdesign

Hello everybody! Cj500 have a printer that always worked very well in recent months she has been showing print marks in the opposite direction to the impression as if the heads prints colors separately in some areas of the media.'ve Done everything, changed media I changed the file extension, regulate and deregulate the machine and rip. to better understand, imagine that in a picture, the image is perfect but with yellow, magenta, and cyan in 2 places. if someone can help me, thank you much.

translate by: tradukka.com

sfr table hockey

I am not quite sure what you are meaning.

Does the print head leave streaks ( thin lines ) over the print in areas?
If so it might be the encoder scale ( strip ) might be dirty or the censor that reads it might have dust or fuzz on it. The scale is the clear strip that sits above the rail that the carriage runs along. First blow some air over the censor area (sits at the same height as the scale above the cutter head, but you can't see it from the front. A can of compressed air might do the trick to reach in behind and blow out.

Next, if you had changed print heads and not changed the head rank number in the printer pannel then you also can get random lines.

Sorry if this was not what you meant.

masdesign

hello! you mentioned 2 things that are right, the cable is dirty and I swapped the heads lately (I even changed), but did not know this number you should insert after the exchange alias ... After the swap, it worked fine for 3 or 4 months and then began to show these flaws. of this code, someone can help me? where I can find it? how to insert in the machine? excuse my English, translated from Portuguese (br) by Tradukka.com

sfr table hockey

To change the head rank numbers you need to get into the service menu.

To do this you need to have main power on and just have the front pannel off. The use the arrow key pad to do the following:
push up, left, right, down then left, down, right. After that hold the left, down and right all together and press the power button on the pannel.

You might need to do it a few times to get it to work. Once on then when you hit the menu key and push the arrow key right you will see service menu. From there you go down a few spots to head rank and then over as the screen shows. You will have a left and right. You will notice not all the numbers can be changed. Some always stay as is.

The head rank is written on the print head. Some times its on the side and if you are lucky it will be on the top where you can still read it. If not you might need to take the head out to see it. It is hard to see as they print it in black so you need the light to shine right to see it. They don't usually put it on the box but for your own reference you should do that.

Once you correct the head rank then remember to hit the enter key and should be set to go. Make sure all your allignments are done as well after a new head is put in as they will be off.

masdesign

friend, your help is being very important, thank you very much! Unfortunately the procedure did not work, I made the necessary adjustments, but the marks are still not willing to abuse ... I'll try to explain better what is happening: I did a test with colors separate and brands vary from place according to color. the marks are as in certain places the heads will not print any point, as if they were 2 parallel white lines. suspect it's a software problem or a problem with electricity maybe. thank you again for your help!

sfr table hockey

Again that sounds like the encoder scale strip. The strip has tiny lines to tell the printer where to print and if the lines get diry or scratched they can leave white space I think.

Are the white lines in the same place on the printer every time?

Someone else chime in here if I am wrong.

There is a test for the linerization of the encoder scale in the menu. Do that and see if it passes or not.

masdesign

I think you're right .... I took the test, linear enc chk, and machine has an error.'ll buy new cables and the test, then write the result, okay? thanks for the tips! :)

masdesign

new problem! not find the cable for sale in Brazil! Anybody know where I find the cable FUJIKURA 20624 AWM 80C 60V VM-1 (24 TRACKS)?

sfr table hockey

If its just the linear scale (strip) you might try to clean it first and possibly save buying a new one. Several posts in the forums say to clean the strip with a soft cloth and isopropyl alcohol. Should be able to get at any drug store. Be carefull not to bend the thin film strip when cleaning. With having to translate you might not be able to search the (search feature) on the site very quickly.

You might just have some junk on the strip and not need a new one. If it is scratched then you need to find one. Roland wants up to the $400 range and I questioned about using another longer strip and cutting it down but no one has done that. This longer strip was for a Roland (not ours) but was $100.

Try to clean and see what happends.

masdesign

hello friend! come to thank you for your tips and inform qu the problem was cleaning the tape, as you said! once again thank you! you're the man!:U Rock::clapping: