• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wakullasignco

Anyone have a recommendation on the best place to get different camouflage patterns for printing? I have a customer who wants a boat wrapped in camo but does not like the ones I have. For printing, not camo vinyl. TIA

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Most of the name brand patterns are licensed and you are not going to get licensing to print them unless you are committing to six figures in guaranteed revenue....
So if its a name brand one then you are going to have little choice but to order some already printed from a company licensed to print it. Metro Restyling is licensed for a few brands including Kryptek and will even custom print for you. I know because I've actually ordered it from them for a major client. They will print it on Avery 1005 or 3M 180 with gloss, satin, or matte lam. Some others can be ordered from other suppliers like Fellers has some of the Mossy Oak patterns on 3M.

As far as getting patterns you can print in house, for nicer photo realistic ones there are not a ton of options but Aurora Graphics has some, then Bushwolf, and Wrap Experts are the few I know of (we have bought all of them over the years). Plus a number of more generic non-photo style ones around online. No top notch ones are free though...

damonCA21

Get the customer to find a photo of a pattern he likes online, then just recreate something similar yourself. It's really not hard to make camo artwork as its all basic shapes.

somcalmetim

Get the customer to find a photo of a pattern he likes online, then just recreate something similar yourself. It's really not hard to make camo artwork as its all basic shapes.
Sounds like they are looking for the newer hunting photorealistic camo patters with full color leaves and branches and not military camo that used to be blobs but are now pixelated camo blocks...
Even the photorealistic ones arent hard to make if you can make seamless tiles but still have to have some good usable pics of forest the customer likes to start with.

Last edited:

tulsagraphics

AI would work really well for that. Have you tried using an AI art generator (then follow it up with an AI raster to vector converter). Personally I use Midjourney + Tracejourney -- they both work really well and have more advanced options than what a lot of AI sites offer. It takes a little bit to set up though, as these "Journey bots" only work through Discord.

Last edited: