• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can Corel x5 import flexi files

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not in the native FS format. You will need to export in EPS format out of Flexi in order to open or import into Corel.

ionsigns

Not in the native FS format. You will need to export in EPS format out of Flexi in order to open or import into Corel.

EPS or AI for transportable files between various sign programs. SPOT ON Fred.

I guess that's because ADOBE instrumental in pioneering computer graphics, eh?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
EPS or AI for transportable files between various sign programs. SPOT ON Fred.

I guess that's because ADOBE instrumental in pioneering computer graphics, eh?

Adobe was simply the survivor (and better business organization) of the original Three A's ... Adobe, Aldus and Altsys. The three of them, according to a conversation I had with the president of Altsys, agreed to accept Postscript as the standard language all their programs would share in common. The result was the widespread acceptance of Postscript as the industry standard for file sharing.

For those not familiar with these companies, Altsys developed Fontographer and Freehand. Aldus developed Pagemaker and licensed Freehand from Altsys. Adobe acquired Aldus and Altsys had to sue Adobe to regain control of its Freehand product. Altsys was subsequently acquired by Macromedia and Macromedia was later acquired by Adobe.