• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I Copy Program from computer?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

My Macromedia Freehand CD burned up in a fire recently. I am wondering if there is a way to copy it from the computer its installed on to put it in a new CPU? Probably not, I know, but never hurts to ask!

John L

There are installer executable files and lots of other techie stuff on the CD you had that the program would need to do another installation. Even with all the modern marvels, a program that would copy it and make it usable - if even, ever available- would probably be in violation of the terms of the original license.

Without the CD you are kinda out of luck as far as I know.

Replicator

It's not impossible, just a huge pain in the A$$ !

If you had a program like Norton Ghost or True Image . . . That might help you !

signage

Beat me to it Replicator... Acronis true image makes it possible, but it can become a real pain!!!!!!!!!

Techman

if you have your own docs and serials all you need is another cd. There is nothinng wrong with installing or migrating software that you already own from other sources.