• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I get some assistance from experienced people?

Aurorarok

So long story short.

I'm new to all of this and I have a shop. I mainly do apparel but I've been stabbing into signage and wrap.

Can I get in touch with somebody perhaps on this forum, or off this forum on a messenger app to have some in depth chats with in regards to questions I have now and in the future?

I'm not sure if this is allowed or against the rules I apologize if it is not.

Please let me know if somebody would be able to be if help.

Thank you!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Welcome from Winnipeg! You'll find lots of good info here - don't hesitate to create new threads with questions that you have.

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather. I'm no expert but have been doing this for a while.

Cheers.

Fatboy

I first joined here around 2010.I have built my business on tips learned here. There is no better place.
And remember there is no such thing as a stupid question .We are all still learning.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
It would probably be best to start with telling us what equipment you have as all of the different brands have their own quirks.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I first joined here around 2010.I have built my business on tips learned here. There is no better place.
And remember there is no such thing as a stupid question .We are all still learning.
Au contraire, stupid questions abound. Often a result of not knowing enough to be able to ask a good question, making dubious assumptions, or some combination of these and perhaps other factors. Moreover, the equally vacuous 'we're all still learning' is true at some general level but what one person is learning is usually on a far different level than what someone else is learning.

Aurorarok

Okay sorry about that guys,

The site let me know that it would email me if I got to response, but I never got no email so I assumed I never had a response to this thread.

With that being said, I have a Roland SP 540V a Roland vg2-540 that needs dampers apparently, a Roland bn-20, a 64" laminate machine, that I'm struggling on how to use, I could probably watch a video and figure that out pretty quickly though.

But what I mainly struggling with, is I don't understand how I can print a wrap, and then I have to laminate it, while still being able to stretch it? Or is there a special material out there that you don't have to laminate after you print on it that you can still wrap with? Like I said I have a lot of questions, but they come and go as I think of them. Sadly I don't just think of them.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You use cast vinyl and cast overlaminate. Both those allow you to stretch (but don't do it too much) How air-egress works is beyond me though.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
You use cast vinyl and cast overlaminate. Both those allow you to stretch (but don't do it too much) How air-egress works is beyond me though.
Air-egress makes installing easier. You can lift it up as long as you didn't squeegee it down too hard yet.

Boudica

Would this be my Orafol 3551 and matching Oraguard?
calendared vinyl will stretch, but it has memory and will shrink back. If you are stretching to wrap, then you definitely need a cast vinyl and cast laminate. I don't use it, but I think Orafol 3551 is a calendared vinyl. That is your problem.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Write them down and make a list of important questions and then, the not-so-important questions and ask them ONE at a time in separate threads. It will be easier for everyone to follow that way.

Boudica

Write them down and make a list of important questions and then, the not-so-important questions and ask them ONE at a time in separate threads. It will be easier for everyone to follow that way.
He can also spend some time following other pertinent threads as they pop up and rise from the dead. They usually get derailed, but that's the more fun reading. :p
....come for the tips and tricks, stay for the drama.

Aurorarok

Fair, I could do one detailed question, but for the record.
Is my Orajet 3551 and Oraguard good for wrapping?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Fair, huh ??

No, it's not good, unless you have it with the RA behind it. Otherwise, it's only good for wraps with only simple curves. Not for a full wrap or bends in certain areas of vehicles.

Ya know, you can find a lot of your answers simply by googling them. Then, ya don't hafta guess or take the word of someone who mght be giving you unknown wrong information.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Why not post your questions right here on the forum so everybody can learn from them.

If you must have a personal consultant, I know a guy. He will take the time to *listen*. :cool:
1712165997502.png