• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I install an s80600 main board myself.

Dan Berg

Have been getting an intermittent 200a error code. Manual says to replace the mainboard and update the firmware. i updated the firmware but am still getting the occasional red light and error code. everything can look normal on the panel but all the buttons are dead, you cannot select anything. I can use it to print but have no idea when it may fail.
Doesn't look too difficult to pull the main board and replace it. The key will be replacing the right one. Seems to be more then several power boards but only one main board.
Just don't have an extra $1,000 sitting around right now for a half day service call. ($250 to come out plus $175 an hour.)
Has anyone replaced the main board that could give me some tips/
Thanks in advance.
Dan Berg

Dan Berg

New info, now gives me the 2003 error code and the red light is on all the time which means the printer is dead.
The quote is $1100 for the 2 boards and $1000 estimated service call.

ikarasu

Do you have the service app / Service book? It seems like an easy procedure... but you need the app to initialize the board and do a few other things

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
i came across a site that sells ALL the epson software tools.
lets see if i can find it
I'm all for DIY repairs and resources so more power to anyone who can get their hands on these tools. However, I can't help but have distain for someone who sells something that isn't theirs and they got for free. I have access to all of the Epson tools and manuals but part of the agreement we have with them is we don't give them out or sell them. I assume that's how the guy selling them got his hands on them too.

ikarasu

I have the tools. When I open the tool my printer Tech's name is in it... I'd hand them out, but I don't want to get him in trouble. Ill play with it tonight, see if I can generalize it.

There is stuff in the tool that can break your machine, so I get why Epson doesn't hand it out... But still, it should be up to the user if they want to risk voiding the warranty on their part / take the risk of breaking their machine.

I've had every HP password and Epson password / tool since I started doing this.... Get a good relationship with the tech, be a bit savvy and they don't mind handing it out... Helps them Diagnose your issue over the phone and save them a trip. My techs saved me thousands in repairs by walking me through things... So everytime he's here I buy him pizza!

Dan Berg

I have the tools. When I open the tool my printer Tech's name is in it... I'd hand them out, but I don't want to get him in trouble. Ill play with it tonight, see if I can generalize it.

There is stuff in the tool that can break your machine, so I get why Epson doesn't hand it out... But still, it should be up to the user if they want to risk voiding the warranty on their part / take the risk of breaking their machine.

I've had every HP password and Epson password / tool since I started doing this.... Get a good relationship with the tech, be a bit savvy and they don't mind handing it out... Helps them Diagnose your issue over the phone and save them a trip. My techs saved me thousands in repairs by walking me through things... So everytime he's here I buy him pizza!
Had to cave in and line up the Epson Tech. She is coming today with the main board and one other to the tune of $1150. Labor will be at least $1,000. Over two grand right at Christmas.
Merry Christmas to me..

netsol

Had to cave in and line up the Epson Tech. She is coming today with the main board and one other to the tune of $1150. Labor will be at least $1,000. Over two grand right at Christmas.
Merry Christmas to me..
well, they don't want to make you look cheap...

it's like going to the dentist, though
on the way home, you will be glad you did it

frankzilla

You pay them to not break it. And when they do, they get more parts replaced for free. When you try to save and break things accidentally and not reprogram the ROM or other things correctly, you pay more than double to fix everything.

netsol

You pay them to not break it. And when they do, they get more parts replaced for free. When you try to save and break things accidentally and not reprogram the ROM or other things correctly, you pay more than double to fix everything.
"more parts replaced for free"
Now there's an experience I have never had.
Repairs are done at your risk
Unless there is a glaring or deliberate reckless act

GUN95

Merry Christmas to me..
hi
since the visit of the Epson technician, what happened?
Your problem is solved

Dan Berg

hi
since the visit of the Epson technician, what happened?
Your problem is solved
Yes prints perfectly with no issues. Now my problem is virtually no work for this thing. maybe done 50 prints in the 10 months I have had it. (Lost both accounts I purchased this thing for.) 2 new heads and a new main board to the tune of $5100 for both service calls the printer is like new. Hate to go to all this trouble to find one, fix it to like new condition and then sell it but if it sits without printing that is really no good. I also have 32 new 700ml ink carts plus the printer is almost full. 10K for the printer and $3,000 for the ink is probably the best I can do. SE Pa. 19540