• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Can I just see what it would look like first..."

neato

a lot of people listen to the customer when they complain about a sight unseen purchase or the ever popular "what if I don't like it do I still have to pay you?". it is hard for some as there are so many shops that do give it away so when they don't, the customer has no idea why. just lot a job as the guy wanted me to go look at his building, talk to zoning and planning about the permits, and design the sign, not just a design but several he could choose what he liked best. all of this, of course for free. I sent him a quote for a site survey, permitting and design. I get back an e-mail saying he is going with a smaller company that is willing to work with him.

Sorry you lost the job Marlene, but it sounds like you might be better off.

I've worked for 2 companies that were willing to do all that for free too. They're no longer in business.

Marlene

Sorry you lost the job Marlene, but it sounds like you might be better off.

I've worked for 2 companies that were willing to do all that for free too. They're no longer in business.

those companies hurt all of us as it is hard to sell our talents when others just give it away

DesireeM

The thing with this project is it was something he already had designed, and it wasn't bad either. He just wanted me to put my touch on it.

This would be a huge red flag to me. Right away I would think he already had someone do some free "spec" design and when they wouldn't revise it for free he took it to you to try the same scam. I am naturally pretty wary as soon as someone asks for free design though.

reQ

This would be a huge red flag to me. Right away I would think he already had someone do some free "spec" design and when they wouldn't revise it for free he took it to you to try the same scam. I am naturally pretty wary as soon as someone asks for free design though.
Yup. It always pisses me off, when so called "customer" like that. Pulls out his phone and shows me a picture of a logo design, some one did on computer and he took a picture of the screen. Then they say

- Yeah, my friend did it for me...
- So you have a file, right?
- Can't you use this picture...?

I never allow people take pictures of my screen with design, unless its PAID for.