• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can i wrap a matte car ?

ATLR76

Hello everyone !

I'm new here ( registered ) but i read a lot of thread here for some time now.

Today i have a question for you guys, have you ever done a full wrap on matte car ?

One of my client have a grey matte Urus and want it matte black but i am a little bit worried about this job.
I mainly use Supreme wrapping Film from Avery.

What do you think ?

rjssigns

Interesting... All I can offer is we did a color change on a boat that the client had prepped. He had filled in the hull imperfections then wet sanded everything smooth with 600 grit which left a matte finish. After wiping the hull with 91% IPA we installed 3M 2080. Initial tack was great and we had no issues with the install.

unclebun

We havew wrapped cars that had peeling clearcoat which was just sanded smooth, rendering the finish essentially matte. It works fine. What doesn't work is wrapping an 80s-90s era GM car or truck which had the galvanized sheetmetal that the paint falls off in giant flakes. The vinyl will not stick to the bare galvanized panels.