• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can Legacy Onyx work with A Graphtec ce-7000 if it is not listed?

Dan Berg

I am guessing I know the answer to this already but it does not hurt to ask. I purchased a used s80600 and it came with Onyx Gamma Print 12.2 which I finally got to work after 5 months. The list of cutters does not include the ce-7000. It does however show the ce-6000. Will this work or am I going to have to do an upgrade where the ce-7000 has already been added?

FrankW

For example for Summas, it doesn´t matter. The basic graphics language DM/PL is the same for 30 to 40 years now. But newer models have options which can´t be driven by older drives, for example additional OPOS-Features like OPOS XY, OPOS Barcode and so on.

I would give it a try.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
For example for Summas, it doesn´t matter. The basic graphics language DM/PL is the same for 30 to 40 years now. But newer models have options which can´t be driven by older drives, for example additional OPOS-Features like OPOS XY, OPOS Barcode and so on.

I would give it a try.
The Graphtecs can us HPGL or GPGL so I bet it would work if you simply choose any Graphtec model of the same size in the drop down menu.

Dan Berg

Will try that but I have to watch some more YouTube videos first. Don't know the workflow of Onyx yet.
I have a logo with cut marks that I input to Onyx Gammaprint. Need to find out how to add graphtec registration marks then print. Have tried several types of registration marks but cannot get the cutter to cut. Jumping back and forth between too many software programs. Any one that does this entirely in Onyx without exporting back and forth between different programs?

netsol

I have very little experience with onyx, but, MANY TIMES, with other software, it has been as simple as locating the text file or xml that lists models that will work and adding your model, with a text editor, following the formatting the software developers used.

Dan Berg

Not myself, others have had success. I got so fed up with onyx I make reg marks in corel, export them in a pdf to print, then open the corel file back up and plot it from there.
What programs are you using other than onyx?
I have Graphtec Pro Studio and Adobe Illustrator with Cutting master 4 but have never gotten the Graphtec-7000 to cut with any software. The biggest issue is I don't know Onyx and need a starting workflow. My business with this printer is almost 100% canvas but now that I have a cutter I would like to try some decals and stickers if I could only get this thing to work. What I really need is someone local to come here for a half day to show me the ropes.