• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone open this filetype

Drip Dry

Can someone open this .VDT file

Honestly, I don't even know what's in it. Another sign guy is asking me
I had to zip it because the system wouldn't let me upload it

Attachments

• steve.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 164

netsol

There are companies that sell single vehicle templates.
Contact one of them & spend the $15

If you open a template, without the proper software, WHY would you think it would be scaled properly?

If you buy a single vehicle template, it will come as a pdf and import into whatever program you work with

HOW QUICKLY will you ruin $15 worth of cast vinyl, before you realize your VDT file is useless to you?

Can whoever sent you the vdt open it & convert to pdf and send back to you?

Drip Dry

There are companies that sell single vehicle templates.
Contact one of them & spend the $15

If you open a template, without the proper software, WHY would you think it would be scaled properly?

If you buy a single vehicle template, it will come as a pdf and import into whatever program you work with

HOW QUICKLY will you ruin $15 worth of cast vinyl, before you realize your VDT file is useless to you?

Can whoever sent you the vdt open it & convert to pdf and send back to you?
I'm well aware of the companies that sell templates. I've used them many times
I'm not aware of what a VDT file is or what's in this one
If you can't open it, then how do you know if it's even a template?

I'm looking for someone who has the software that can open the file properly and maybe convert if for me

Like I said in my original post, this is for another sign guy that has helped me out in the past

netsol

Vdt is a proprietary file type, i suppose they do not hav a "viewer" so sign shops don't share the templates.

As i said, the way areound it would be to try to convert to pdf with one of those online sites, but that is probably not possible