• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone tell me where I can buy this reflective vinyl

highrolling24

Hi I am looking for this color vinyl in reflective just like the pictures, I can find the ambulance yellow vinyl just not in reflective. The picture shows it in reflective and they want to stay with the color and reflective vinyl. The company that did the vehicle originally went out of business, I check fellers where I buy some of my stuff and I did not see it there, I also use midwest sign but I hate their website so if someone knows please let me know. Thank You

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 221
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 187

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Looks printed to me as well

Depending on size it might have been run on an Edge using transparent yellow and black

The gradient reminds me of the Edge printing

highrolling24

Crap really, I did not see that it was printed but makes sense because I can not find that color reflective anywhere. I have a edge but it is not cost effective to buy one foil to run this job it is not that big of a job and I will probly never run that color again. Does anybody have transparent yellow that could sell me like (I will have to double check excactly how long) 10' of the transparent yellow on reflective and cut lines on the edge.Maybe not cut lines because then I need to print the black yet. OR does someone have a used transparent yellow they could sell me. Not sure what to do yet.

highrolling24

Could someone verify that if I print Transparent Yellow on white reflective that it will turn out something like picture? They really want me to do the job and I really would like to but I need to quote it correctly and I am not sure with printing Transparent Yellow on White reflective to give me this color, I think so. I do have a Gerber Edge so I can do it I just hate buying foils that I will only use once.

Plan B is if anyone has a gerber edge, fx that could print transparent yellow on reflective for me that I could purchase would be like maybe 10' not sure on the exact size yet.

Any help would be great the quote is due by Wednesday the very latest, this fire department is local so I don't want to make them mad at me.
Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 136
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 138

rjssigns

Could someone verify that if I print Transparent Yellow on white reflective that it will turn out something like picture? They really want me to do the job and I really would like to but I need to quote it correctly and I am not sure with printing Transparent Yellow on White reflective to give me this color, I think so. I do have a Gerber Edge so I can do it I just hate buying foils that I will only use once.

Plan B is if anyone has a gerber edge, fx that could print transparent yellow on reflective for me that I could purchase would be like maybe 10' not sure on the exact size yet.

Any help would be great the quote is due by Wednesday the very latest, this fire department is local so I don't want to make them mad at me.
Thanks

Bid the job for what you need to get. Don't worry about buying a foil for one job. Client is paying for it. Nothing is cheap anymore especially when you're dealing with fire apparatus. Been there done that.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i run an Edge and that doesn't look like and Edge print to me. what i'm seeing is a solid colored yellow stripe with black border striping. The "ribbon" section looks like a black and yellow print on white. looks like there's a seam at the bottom where they swap out the yellow vinyl for the printed.

i could be wrong, but that's what i'm seeing without having the job in front of me. besides, an Edge print wouldn't have that shiny finish. it would be dull.

it definitely seems like someone who had no idea what they were doing made this. i personally wouldn't recreate this. i'd sell the client on a higher quality product that will look 1000 time better than this.

signheremd

That looks like 3M 680 Series ScotchLite Lemon Yellow 81 printed with black then laminated (or Gerber UV Guard lamination) with clear. Grimco carries this in stock 2-4 days to get to you...

highrolling24

So it is printed but printed with a older roland on reflective and then laminated. I talked to the guy that only did it part time out his garage and he said his equipment was getting old and he did not want to do it anymore so I asked and he was cool. Thanks for your best guess from a picture.o_O