• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can this dx5 epson print head be repaired,, see photo..

anozira02

leaky printHead.jpg
Attempted to recover clogged dx5 water base print head with a syringe using cleaning solution. When started to apply minimal pressure liquid started to backup from one of the open upper jet. Also noticed cleaning fluid were weeping out from the side of the head. Question is could this head be repaired. These heads are very expensive if you can even find one form other then China..

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i have never touched a dx5 except for one of our aqueous epsons (which, if i remember started leaking photo black ink)

could you have used a solvent based clening fluid ? possibly dissolved a seal where manifold meets the head? i assume this was not the way it was acting before

might be a little late to offer this advice, but you should probably use piezoflush from, inkjetmall.com. we bought the gallon size that they normally sell to schools and institutions. after you clear a head, which is often successful, you can leave the printer full of flush and store it

you probably(?) need a manifold and new seals. lets see if anyone else has experience with actually doing this repair. i have no idea of the difficulty

E Coloney

I can't speak for DX5 print heads but have learned DX4 will not sustain any "high" pressure at all. A tech told me don't exceed 1 lb of pressure. While not the same unit, companies often build on previous technology and perhaps the DX5 will fail easily from too much pressure... Just $0.02 worth...

anozira02

netsol, first I used distilled water with a bit of ammonia mixed,,, than I tried denatured alcohol that did not do it either.. then used solvent cleaner,,, that I think put the last nail in the coffin...

netsol

Premium Subscriber
lets see if a manifold and gasket set is available from sign-in-china for example
the heads are all the same. i believe.