• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you smooth the outline???

Jillbeans

So you're saying to convert to curves after you break apart/combine or weld?
I'll have to try that.
Love....Jill

javila

I think there is a "view quality" option in corel somewhere. It renders less curves to do it faster (but that's really not needed anymore).

edit: That's a whole other issue. Ooops. Try playing with the miter limits from the outlines, when they're set wrong you get occasion "spikes" jutting out of random spots.

weaselboogie

Its Corel AND fonts. Illustrator and Flexi are infinitely better at handling contour. Bad node handles are why you have spikes in corel. Here's Why....

Attachments

• corel.jpg
    corel.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 115

customquint

We can talk about fonts being the problem all day long, but this problem also happens on various shapes & graphics as well. Corel is just Node crazy.

OldPaint

TT FONTS...are node heavy. ADOBE FONTS are exact opposite....if youre haven node problems try some ADOBE FONTS....

OldPaint

ALSO...have you ever done this????
1. open corel
2. click on HELP
3.in help topics, type in NODES
4. it will open up to a whole selection of node changes.
5.look down till you see:
REDUCING NUMBER IN CURVES..
6.READ ............DO

BadAss

Will give it a shot... Tried on the computer at work with limited results. But will go in and try tweaking again and take a look...Thanx,,,M*

Goatboy

lol this is a good read...but on a bit of a serious note...a lot of fonts out there are recycle bin material when it comes to vinyl production. If I decide I absolutly have to use one I start out with convert to curves and weld...I do this all as one.I simply selct my "live" text and hit weld. I made my weld a quick key just for this. That way I dont have to convert to curves, break apart then unselect my centers then weld to keep all my lil bits. after I weld I select all nodes -convert to cusped curves and then finally reduce all nodes. If your contouring them before hand and your in a version before X3 I kinda feel bad for you...Corel never hit the right arc algorithm til version 13. So ever contour was a collection of segments with out a single curve in there. So repeat the above(select all covert to cusped curves and reduce) X3 users have the new and improved contour that uses arcs and segments. If your contours are wacked then your letters are whacked.

Attachments

• node edit 1.jpg
    node edit 1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 77
  • node edit 2.jpg
    node edit 2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 75

signrik

Cheers goatboy one day I might understand that, it sounds very complicated but I am going to try it
the more I try to learn this craft the more boggled my mind goes
thanks for the info
I am going to turn the lights off print it out and try to learn
thank you

Goatboy

signrik sorry that came across as a bit complicated..in reality its not hard its mostly vocab and knowing where to find what your looking for. The 2 sc's I put with the post are what comes up when the shape tool is being used in X3. The "select all nodes" was absent in a few versions but made a comeback for X3. It can be added back into your toolbar by going to tools>customization>commandbars>edit...its there and you can drag and drop it into your tool bar(to make this easier have your shape tool selected before you head to tools, makes it easier to drop it where you want). Hotkeys are in the same spot..I go to All instead of Edit then select Weld in the list, hit the shortcut keys tab and enter whatever keystrokes you prefer, in my case I use shift+w.