• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cannot import ai.files into Corel

THATgirl

Can't figure out why all of a sudden when I try to import customers ai.files nothing shows up. It happened twice this week and I am getting really frustrated. thanks for any help. :thankyou:

Stevo

They wouldnt happen to be Mac .ai files would they? If you are running an older version of Corel the newer .ai files probably aint gonna work. If you could ask them to save them as ver.7 or lower illustrator files that might work.

Hope this helps

Stevo

R

Royal Palm Graphics

This happens all the time with us. I tell our customers to save the files as a native Illustrator file (.ai) version 7, especailly if they're using MACS and you are using a PC. Also, make sure your customer converts all text and graphics as lines.

Last edited by a moderator:

THATgirl

thanks!! I bet this is the deal. Most do import fine..but this week I have had a couple of good jobs go nuts because of this. I will have them resend in the native illustrator file ver. 7. You guys are great!

SignRover

I had a few instances of Illustrator CS files not importing into Corel. I typically open an AI file in Illustrator 10 and save it down to 6, then import it into CorelDraw. We've upgraded to CS and have had no further issues.

THATgirl

thanks John....I will see how it goes when I tell people to send version 7 or lower. Seems like some jobs get to be importing exporting saving then importing again and again. ha. Then you have the ones that send the biggest files you have ever seen. ah well.......such is life~
thanks for the help