• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado M Series.

bpp

What material are you having the issue with? I only had one scuff error and it was due to a little edge tunnel on the media I didn't notice when loading
I'm using 20# blueprint paper which never had an issue on my Mimaki. What drives me nuts is till it starts printing and even canceling a job can be 20 minutes..

ikarasu

These machines arent really designed for paper... Not saying it wont work, but blueprints are generally printed on a "Plotter" / Aqueous printer - Much faster, Theyre way cheaper... and more accurate. My resin has been pretty bang on accurate, but I dont know if it would be for stuff like blueprints. Even on our Latex we never had great success with paper, we could make it work... but like you there would always eventually be tunneling, especially on the non latex specific paper.

EPSON C12C937271 SC-R5070/LMEDIA SPACER - Look into one of these... I believe it was $200ish? It's supposed to be for heat sensitive medias, I havent used mine yet so I dont know if / how well it works... but I've heard a few people who use cheaper medias use it, and it helps a lot

victor bogdanov

EPSON C12C937271 SC-R5070/LMEDIA SPACER - Look into one of these... I believe it was $200ish? It's supposed to be for heat sensitive medias, I havent used mine yet so I dont know if / how well it works... but I've heard a few people who use cheaper medias use it, and it helps a lot
I leave mine in and use it on all media, not sure what kind of difference it makes since I haven't printed without it

CC-CMYK

I'm hating my Epson R5070. It's so sensitive and any time it thinks the printhead scuffed with media it resets and that takes so much time. Just starting the printer or loading the paper everything is forever. I'm pulling my hairs out. Coming from the Mimaki I'm going crazy, quality is nice but dealing with restarting and loading is driving me nuts. Anyone else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?
Haven’t had this issue at all. My only issue with Epson is the tech they sent when we had an issue. The guy took two weeks to fix the machine