• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado M Series.

victor bogdanov

Do happen to know about how much you spent in the last year on consumables? (Not ink. Filters, cleaning solutions, etc)

The most expensive thing is are the print head wipes/pads. $7 each, use one per week.
Air filters replace about once per year, $300ish
Ink waste trays, maybe $75 per year

So about $750/year

I printed 500k sq ft during this time

White Haus

Not a Newbie
The most expensive thing is are the print head wipes/pads. $7 each, use one per week.

So about $750/year

That's impressive, really not much given the volume.

Brian Tickenoff

So about $750/year

That sure beats the hell out of the thousands of dollars spent on ink filters and air filters on our Dursts!

parrott

So about $750/year

Yes, not much as far as consumables. Very little maintenance and very easy to use. Probably my favorite roll to roll that I have owned.

FrankLacroix

I would say so. But if you have stock, go to a rep and ask if you can get samples printed on the stock.
It operates like a regular UV printer in matte mode.
in gloss it gives it 10-20 seconds before curing which achieves the gloss.
principals are the same with a regular UV printer.
I went today and had the white ink tested on the lintec. Everything seemed good. Once at home, I tried a water installation. And the ink was flowing... I will call tomorrow. I would be really disappointed if it doesn't work.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I would say so. But if you have stock, go to a rep and ask if you can get samples printed on the stock.
It operates like a regular UV printer in matte mode.
in gloss it gives it 10-20 seconds before curing which achieves the gloss.
principals are the same with a regular UV printer.
I had Lintec tested, approved, and the profiles are available on the media profile manager from Canon.

bpp

Can someone please give me the rundown on all the option available so I can read my quote correctly and know what I'm comparing to?
Thanks

victor bogdanov

Can someone please give me the rundown on all the option available so I can read my quote correctly and know what I'm comparing to?
Thanks
https://www.usa.canon.com/bin/canon...rado-m-series/Colorado M-Series Datasheet.pdf

Ink is more expensive on the M3 vs M5 so keep that in mind

Capture.JPG

bpp

Ink is the same, bottle sizes and price per ml are different. You can't upgrade the m3 to the larger/cheaper per ml ink bottles.

You will not get any ink cost advantage with the m3 over competition.
So if I don't need white and don't do a crazy volume I should not go for the Colorado? I wouldn't want the larger inks because they will expire on me

victor bogdanov

So if I don't need white and don't do a crazy volume I should not go for the Colorado? I wouldn't want the larger inks because they will expire on me
It is not a cheap machine, service contract costs as much as buying a new Epson or HP or Roland almost every year...

Not the best choice for low volume