• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Colorado M Series.

vapor103

What??
UVgel has a way higher resolution than latex. the PL/drop size is heaps smaller.

The new heads are the same resolution.
The 800w and the 1650 are both 10 picoliter drops so the coalescence of the pictures are very similar and most customers at our open house choose the latex print over the 1650 but none of them picked either one of the 3.2 picoliter epson prints. Neither of them can touch the quality of a epson 80600. They don't even get close. The big selling point on the colorado is speed when it's actually working but neither latex or epson have been down as much as the 1650. I know shops that thiers is never down, and I know others that their 1650 never works longer then a week or 2.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The 800w and the 1650 are both 10 picoliter drops so the coalescence of the pictures are very similar and most customers at our open house choose the latex print over the 1650 but none of them picked either one of the 3.2 picoliter epson prints. Neither of them can touch the quality of a epson 80600. They don't even get close. The big selling point on the colorado is speed when it's actually working but neither latex or epson have been down as much as the 1650. I know shops that thiers is never down, and I know others that their 1650 never works longer then a week or 2.
This is so wrong. If your Colorado and 800w look the same, your profiles and media presets are garbage. The Colorado has very little in the way of dot gain, you can remove almost all of the grain in images and solid colors by building your own media profiles. We can achieve better image quality and color on production with our 1650 vs. 12 pass on our 800w. The grey/black is far more neutral and the best thing is the print is consistent day in and day out. The drop size is the same yes but the viscosity of the ink is completely different and the fact that the Colorado cools vs heats it also plays a factor in to color and accuracy.

I can't speak to machine down time for others, but the 1650 requires far more maintenance than most machines to keep running efficiently. Even our team is learning new maintenance items to better our uptime. But all in all our latexes were down far more often than either of our Colorado's.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I can't remember if it's 10pl or smaller. Pretty sure it goes as low as 7pl.
Let's say its 10 pl.
That is volume not size.
As uvgel sits on the media and not spreads on it like latex, latex droplets will appear bigger.
The dot placement is also important.

If your latex looks better than the colorado, then your profiles are crap.

I'll say it again.
The colorado is in a different league than the hp.
Speed
Quality
Maintenance. Once a week for us and we print daily and no banding.

vapor103

This is so wrong. If your Colorado and 800w look the same, your profiles and media presets are garbage. The Colorado has very little in the way of dot gain, you can remove almost all of the grain in images and solid colors by building your own media profiles. We can achieve better image quality and color on production with our 1650 vs. 12 pass on our 800w. The grey/black is far more neutral and the best thing is the print is consistent day in and day out. The drop size is the same yes but the viscosity of the ink is completely different and the fact that the Colorado cools vs heats it also plays a factor in to color and accuracy.

I can't speak to machine down time for others, but the 1650 requires far more maintenance than most machines to keep running efficiently. Even our team is learning new maintenance items to better our uptime. But all in all our latexes were down far more often than either of our Colorado's.
Not saying we are better or worse then the next guy at profiles. But we made profiles for both with our barbieri and haven't had many problems with color or quality on either printer. The beauty is in the eye of the client. I tend to sell them what appeals to their taste, and perception of quality. Niehter printer is the best at everything that's why we see shops have eco, letax, uv. Maybe not all 3 but a mix of the 3 depending on who their customer base is, and what they are requiring from the print.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Ugh, my new 1650 installation and training just finished Friday! And now I want to trade in my printer...lol. Hopefully my business will grow and we will need another Colorado in the future.

The machine is OUTSTANDING. Here is a marketing hype video:
Everything is an option...you can start with a slow machine which only prints in glossy mode and then upgrade all the way up to the fastest speeds, Flex Finish, and white. It will allow people to enter at a lower price point and as production demands grow, you have a printer which will grow with your needs. The white is incredible and faster than what most people are printing with a Vutek. 2 layer with white is about 108sf/hour. I'd be happy to share any of the details of this new unit...just hit me up. We can place units anywhere in the United States.
Do you have a machine running at the Cleveland office?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Ugh, my new 1650 installation and training just finished Friday! And now I want to trade in my printer...lol. Hopefully my business will grow and we will need another Colorado in the future.
you're not gaining much other than white and using less heads for the same speed.

garyroy

Mark, will the Oce Colorado 1650 print directly to .020 polystyrene or will the lamps warp the material?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Mark, will the Oce Colorado 1650 print directly to .020 polystyrene or will the lamps warp the material?
we would have to try it out. I'm not worried about heat from curing at all...I'm more concerned about the way the material makes a bend onto the print platen for printing. If it is really rigid, then unlikely. I've successfully printed on some thick CS1 and CS2 card stocks around that same Guage but those are likely softer than any poly based material.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have printed on .017 Styrene and .017 polyethylene; I believe .020 would be too thick to travel.

The Colorados run far cooler than any other UV printer on the planet, and material deformation is nearly non-existent.

garyroy

We have printed on .017 Styrene and .017 polyethylene; I believe .020 would be too thick to travel.

The Colorados run far cooler than any other UV printer on the planet, and material deformation is nearly non-existent.
Thank you, that's helpful. I take it you love your machine.

Was that .017 on a roll? If so how long was the roll? Thanks

soggywinter

I talked to Canon at ISA23. The white ink feature activation is around $6000 USD. They think the white ink will be 30% to 50% more than CMYK per liter.

CC-CMYK

Got an email from lexjet. The 1630 is now on sale for 26k. This printer is starting to look good to me now.

ikarasu

Any pricing on the m yet?

Thinking it may be my next printer. I haven't grown bored of my Epson resin yet... But I like new toys :roflmao:

soggywinter

Double check with a dealer or sales rep, but
M3 - $40,000 to $50,000 spitball
M5 - $70,000-$80,000 spitball
They have various options for service plans and parts
There may be discounts at Printing United and December (there were in 2022 anyway)