• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't import .EPS into Corel Draw Essentials

thurstonracing

I can't seem to get these .EPS and .PS files to import into Corel Draw Essentials which includes a stripped version on Corel Draw 9. I have had luck with several other .EPS files before but all I get with these 2 is a blank white screen or a Grey box with the file name and extension.

If anyone can get these open in Corel could they save them as a .CDR so that I could open them in Corel 9?

USDA Farm Service Agency Website
Need this File "FSA_bluebox_cmyk.eps"
http://askfsa.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...nNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Also need this one from the Natural Resources Conservation Website
Need this file "NRCScolor.eps"
http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/about/logo/

Let me know if i'm doing something wrong here?

Thanks, Rob

Pro Image

Howdee from VA.............

More than likley the files you are trying to import are not supported by version 9......They have been made in a new version of Illustrator or Photoshop.....

thurstonracing

Thanks for the response!

If i upgrade to the latest version of corel would that maybe do the trick?

I would rather not have to do that but may not have a choice.

I did update my corel 9 with whatever updates where available from Corel but that did not fix it either.

Rob

Alan D

I suspect you may be using the wrong import filter. The eps filter will only display a low res header (used for the likes of Quark) for positioning and sizing only and will only print correctly to a postscript device. For editable eps use the 'postscript interpreted' filter, this will give an editable graphic (assuming compatible) This was changed in X3 and X4 to help avoide this confusion. Essentials was acut down version I believe so not all filters may be included.
Just for your info I tried the 'bluebox' file in X4 and it came in fine.
Alan D

thurstonracing

Thanks for the info. I tried that filter but it keeps telling me there was an error with the file. It might be time to upgrade my corel soon!