• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help cant type text into composer 7.0

trav092784

hey all.

im new to this so please bear with me...im trying to just write some text in composer 7.0 but it wont let me type letters and only numbers...anyone know why and how i can rectify the situation

Drip Dry

hey all.

im new to this so please bear with me...im trying to just write some text in composer 7.0 but it wont let me type letters and only numbers...anyone know why and how i can rectify the situation
I'm assuming you are activating the text tool ? "Shift T"
If you can type numbers and not text, I think I would look at a keyboard or computer problem

trav092784

as would i but its just that program i cant type text into...this forum is fine to use text...internet, corel draw and any other programs i use...just composer 7.0...its boggiling my mind

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
what font are you using? does it only have numbers?

if you're entering text on the work surface, there should be a toolbar to change the font. if you're using the text entry box, hit F3 and change to a standard font (arial, futura etc) and see if you still have the problem.

trav092784

thank you so much as this has rectified my issue...the fonts i was trying to use (MONUMENT MOD. ROMAN-SR REV.A and MONUMENT MOD. ROMAN AK -GSP REVA) seems to have letters available but when im in the textbox only numbers work so im still a little perplexed by this but again thank you for this info as i can now type some lettering.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
thank you so much as this has rectified my issue...the fonts i was trying to use (MONUMENT MOD. ROMAN-SR REV.A and MONUMENT MOD. ROMAN AK -GSP REVA) seems to have letters available but when im in the textbox only numbers work so im still a little perplexed by this but again thank you for this info as i can now type some lettering.

any time! i primarily run composer software (with a little corel thrown in). if i don't know what exactly is wrong, i can definitely provide work arounds for it..

trav092784

i really appreciate it...so now that i got that problem fixed now my machine wont move back and forth. oh the joys of graphic design lol

trav092784

and ive just figured out why the text thing wasnt working....the fonts i was working with dont have lower case lettering so all i needed to do was put caps lock on and poof...can type letters again :rolleyes::rolleyes: