• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

capping station q?

gabagoo

Just what parts consist of the capping station? I have never changed mine and we are at 3 years. I maintain on a very regular schedule. Does the station simply consist of the rubber rings and the top plastic piece? I see 3 screws,and wondered if you smply remove this and replace with a new one or is it more involved. The cost for a new one is about $400.00 US. What are the signs that you need a new one?

Matt-Tastic

If i remember correctly, you run a Valuejet. if that is the case, the Cappign Station (also called the maintenance station) consists of everything from the bottom of the printhead to the waste tank/tray. new cap, new wiper, new motor new bracket. its supposed to be replaced about everye 1-2 years, depending on usage.

signs of a failing maintenance station are ink fadeout, excess ink on your printhead (wiper not working right) nozzles you can't get back with repeated cleanings, or running cleanings and getting some nozzles back and others disappear.

its more annoying that hard, esp on the 1204 & 1304. the 1604/1614 are pretty easy.

iSign

Matt, all efforts to help are always appreciated of course, but thought I'd mention that when in doubt, you can sometimes determine what someone's equipment might be by the "about me" section of their profile. Also, under their thread title, is a forum name. This is in the Mimaki forum. Thanks for the tips on recognizing a failing cappint station. i wasn't real clear on that either.

Matt-Tastic

you're right, shoulda looked at the header for the forum, but i coulda sworn i'd seen gabagoo post about his mutoh! that's what happens when you think!

I hadn't seen that the mimaki caps had gone up THAT much! but to answer your actual question, the capping station consists of almost the same stuff. its the rubber caps, the plastic base, and the tubing that goes from the bottom of the caps to the pumps in the bottom of the machine.

It can be a pain to replace, but there are some tricks if you end up doing it, send me a PM and i'll give you some pointers. Hope this helps!

gabagoo

Matt, all efforts to help are always appreciated of course, but thought I'd mention that when in doubt, you can sometimes determine what someone's equipment might be by the "about me" section of their profile. Also, under their thread title, is a forum name. This is in the Mimaki forum. Thanks for the tips on recognizing a failing cappint station. i wasn't real clear on that either.

No way I will attempt it, to chicken buc buc buc

GTSTech_1

If we are talking about a Mimaki JV-3, Mimaki recommends changing the whole Cap Assy. I have changed/replaced just 1 of the cap tops, just be carefull of the springs. The cap top from Mimaki are somewhere in the neighborhood of 40.00, or you can buy the whole assembly for 97.00 and have new cap tops for all your heads.

My $.02

Graphics2u

If we are talking about a Mimaki JV-3, Mimaki recommends changing the whole Cap Assy. I have changed/replaced just 1 of the cap tops, just be carefull of the springs. The cap top from Mimaki are somewhere in the neighborhood of 40.00, or you can buy the whole assembly for 97.00 and have new cap tops for all your heads.

My $.02
If you can buy the whole thing for $97 then do it. The capping station on my Mutoh was $440.00. Total absolute rip off! That makes replacing just the cap tops a little more rewarding.

gabagoo

Advantage sells it for $400 plus. We cant be talking the same parts here. Up here they want $600 plus. I believe in preventitive maintenance but I believe more in not being taken. I gonna call around and get some competitive quotes. Should probably find a tech and corner him in the parkinglot and get him to work on a sunday hehehe