• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car magnets falling off when cold?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i live in a cold climate, i never take the print to within .3 - .4" of the edge of the material, the vinyl shrinkage pulls the edge up and they fall off. leave this much magnet bare and you will never have this problem again. basically every magnet gets a .3-.4" outline around the outside in my designs!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Actually, you'd might be surprised to know that ATM stands for "Automated Teller Machine" as defined by every dictionary website on the front page of Google right now.
"Ass-to-mouth" also comes up but "Any Time Money" is nowhere to be seen...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess that means Tuna Fish is wrong, too. Ha, or how 'bout Free Gift ??

Who cares how it's said, you know what it is. While a Hot Water Heater is generally used when referring to a device used in the house to warm or heat up the water from a tap or a shower, the Water Heater, is normally used as a device which warms/heats some water, but not to a specified temperature. A water Heater could create steam or boil water, while a Hot Water Heater is set not to do that for natural reasons.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So now that the thread is sufficiently derailed can we talk about the logo on that mag?
I do not claim to be a designer but that is something I'd expect to see on a 1987 PowerPoint slide.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
FAKE POST ALERT

The water heater is to heat the cold water into hot, with your anti-logic it should be called a cold water heater...

THANK YOU! Looks like someone doesn't realize all the hot water lines in their house come from their water heater, and ONE water line runs in to it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
THANK YOU! Looks like someone doesn't realize all the hot water lines in their house come from their water heater, and ONE water line runs in to it.

Not mine. I have a summer/winter hookup. No Hot Water Heater or Water Heater in the house, unless you consider the dish washer one, cause that heats the water up to about 145º and it doesn't have a hot water line in it.

Tattoosleeve

The difference between someone who trained or went to school to be in the sign industry and you is, they have a basic hands on background. They've been shown a lotta the ropes and have answers, better than having an epiphany. I'd like to see that look, when you tell the customer, uh, yeah, we can do that, cause we just push a button and it works. Between the software and our distributors, we have you covered. No one has any real hands-on practical knowledge here, but it should work.

I disagree, someone who went to school for carpentry or metal fabrication is just as likely to make that magnet mistake as the guy who's learned on his own. They are going to be more capable with fabrication, no question about it, but I've hired staff who had trade backgrounds and were very good at their craft but were completely inept in the production room. My point is regardless of of training background, general "hands-on" aptitude and natural inclination, there is a learning curve in the industry. The industry is so varied in solutions we are asked to provide. The guys who are in years 1-5 in running a sign shop see new requests they haven't had before all the time. Even with the advancement of technology and new products coming out all the time, experienced shops are seeing new things regularly as well. I'm not going to pretend I have answers for every question a customer comes in with but it is not unreasonable for someone to expect vehicle grade magnet to stick to vehicles. As we know from experience, there are limitations but the new owner hasn't experienced those yet.

Last edited: