• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Wash

DoubleDiamond

We are using Avery MPI1005 EZ apply RS. We usually tell our customers that after a week or so a car wash is no problem and have had no one tell us it was. I read recently that it is not advised by Avery and to hand wash only. We only do commercial wraps and these rarely ever get washed and seldom seems to be just fine, but here is why the post... Our customer loves his sales car wrap so much he now wants to wrap his wife's Honda Odyssey. She buys a monthly car wash card that allows unlimited washes and uses it two to three times a week. It is not brushless. He is bringing this to my attention in advance and I told him I would get some feedback, so any advice will be helpful. I am also dealing with the fact the wife will only accept it being perfect and we are not at that level, but we do pretty darn good work.
Thanks for the replies...

GypsyGraphics

sounds like you're being set up to be on the hook for ANYTHING that might go wrong after it leaves your shop. 2-3 car washes a week??? nice of them to warn you in advance... heed their warning and pass.

2B

DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!!!

a brush car wash being used 2-3 times a week, no way no how.
This is asking for trouble

We have every customer sign a waiver when doing vehicle graphics and in there it states
"Mechanical car washes of any type are not advised and will void your install guarantee/warranty."

for y'all that are non Sci-Fi junkies that is Robot's tag line from Lost In Space