• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Careful with solventinkjet.com

Firefighter30

Thanks to solventinkjet.com for selling me a head advertised to work with my printer was a bold lie. They have now officially cost me a few thousand dollars in repair and a tech coming out 2 times now. I have a xpertjet1641 sr and they told me over the phone the head is for my printer and that was incorrect. Tech came out after talking with mutoh and mutoh confirmed it isn’t for this printer. Now I’m out a grand on the service tech 250 bucks on a cr board and now have to shell out 1200 bucks for a main board and another freaking print head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm just getting in and hearing about this this morning so bare with me if I don't have all the facts yet. First of all, we're going to work with you and Mutoh to get this resolved ASAP. I already have an email into them this morning. So rest assured that is in the works. Secondly, the issue seems to be with a DX7 printhead. There are many part numbers for the DX7 head from Mutoh but they are all electronically the same. The only difference is the cleaning fluid used to clean them before leaving the factory. So the only issue that should occur is if ink is incompatible with the cleaning fluid and reacts badly. In this case, no ink has been introduced to the head at all yet. So I am confused as to why there would be an electrical issue. As I mentioned above, I'm just hearing about this so I'm sure I'll find out more throughout the day. We apologize that this has not been a smooth experience and will do our best to figure out a solution!

Firefighter30

I think most of us know the possible reasons for electrical issues after replacing a print head ;) . A „wrong DX7-head“ doesnt seem likely for me.

Its strange for me too to post warnings about a company while clarifications still take place.
Actually it’s because they even admitted that the head they sent me isn’t correct in the first place. The firmware is way different and wasn’t made for this printer not a single thing was hooked up the wrong way I’m good at taking pictures and following stuff step by step. The xpertjet takes its own special print head and there is a strict reason for that. And this was confirmed by a tech and mutoh themselves so yeah

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I was always under the assumption that these heads are all the same for the most part. There are quite a few posts here with people that fried their heads while changing them out though.

Firefighter30

I was always under the assumption that these heads are all the same for the most part. There are quite a few posts here with people that fried their heads while changing them out though.
Correct it fries the head and the main board it’s my guess is a different voltage or something because even mutoh said to use the one that is designated only for the xpertjet printers or you will have big problems

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Correct it fries the head and the main board it’s my guess is a different voltage or something because even mutoh said to use the one that is designated only for the xpertjet printers or you will have big problems
That's not true. People fry it by being sloppy when installing them. No dealer will ever say it is ok to use a part that you didn't buy from them either, doesn't mean you can't and people do.

Firefighter30

That's not true. People fry it by being sloppy when installing them. No dealer will ever say it is ok to use a part that you didn't buy from them either, doesn't mean you can't and people do.
I tend to disagree with on this one because mutoh confirmed that head should have never been advertised as a xpertjet head in the first place. So tell me why they advertise it as one? The problem is it goes way deeper then that they misrepresented their head and ruined more things

netsol

simply not true, at face value.
we swap heads all the time
you used to be able to buy a used epson aqueous printer with dx7 & swap the manifold on top of the head, to save money. epson didn't like this, and neither did mutoh, they added encryption to distort the printing output, in a swapped head, but they were /are interchangable (no damage done to boards or anything else)

are you sure your service company isn't taking advantage? i wish everyone is this business was trustworthy

Firefighter30

simply not true, at face value.
we swap heads all the time
you used to be able to buy a used epson aqueous printer with dx7 & swap the manifold on top of the head, to save money. epson didn't like this, and neither did mutoh, they added encryption to distort the printing output, in a swapped head, but they were /are interchangable (no damage done to boards or anything else)

are you sure your service company isn't taking advantage? i wish everyone is this business was trustworthy
Nope they are not because even solventinkjet has confirmed that is not the correct head

netsol

ok, i see, i just read the rest of your thread.
i didn't realize i had been following you all along
my mistake.
you have had a hell of a time with this one

Firefighter30

ok, i see, i just read the rest of your thread.
i didn't realize i had been following you all along
my mistake.
you have had a hell of a time with this one
To say the least lol could put my head through a wall they offered to refund the money for the head but at this point their mistake cost me a extra 3k alone in techs and parts. Now I have to shell out 3k just for the head lol

Firefighter30

this is why you needed cr board...
took me a bit to get up to speed
We did try to replace the cr board and still gave the same error and didn’t fix anything so we put a new main board in today but that’s the furthest we got after he seen the head was the wrong on. I would like to put the old head in that came with the printer just to get ink flowing again but I’m kinda scared to do that

Firefighter30

I'm just getting in and hearing about this this morning so bare with me if I don't have all the facts yet. First of all, we're going to work with you and Mutoh to get this resolved ASAP. I already have an email into them this morning. So rest assured that is in the works. Secondly, the issue seems to be with a DX7 printhead. There are many part numbers for the DX7 head from Mutoh but they are all electronically the same. The only difference is the cleaning fluid used to clean them before leaving the factory. So the only issue that should occur is if ink is incompatible with the cleaning fluid and reacts badly. In this case, no ink has been introduced to the head at all yet. So I am confused as to why there would be an electrical issue. As I mentioned above, I'm just hearing about this so I'm sure I'll find out more throughout the day. We apologize that this has not been a smooth experience and will do our best to figure out a solution!
You guys going to answer any of my calls or emails you guys have been blowing me off since lunch time