• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carriage Sagging from Age

InstantImpression

Hello. I have a Problem with my XC540. Its about 12 years old now and I have printed millions of SQFT I am sure... not sure how much, but the other day I noticed when I was doing a cleaning That the carriage is sagging or hanging forward. Is there a Screw or something I am not seeing on the back of the carriage that will tighten it up. I don't want to run in low position cause it is catching material and I don't want a bad jamup. Also... not sure if it has been asked I'm sure it has. I Cannot find a service manual anywhere for this machine. I used to have one but I don't know where it is. Can someone send me a PDF or a link. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Steve

Ragnabrok

There are 8 hex bolts that attach the print carriage to 2 bearing blocks. You should be able to see the outside 2 on either end, they are black and on the back wall of the print carriage near the left and right sides. The other 4 are behind the back plate, and a bit more annoying to get to. Also, at low head height, the clearance from platen to head bottom should be 2.2mm. The mounts are slotted, so they may have slid down.

Also, this machine launched in 2006, so not quite 12 years old yet :thumb:

Attachments

• carriage.PNG
    carriage.PNG
    120.7 KB · Views: 122

Gene@mpls

On my VP540- which looks the same- there are 2 spring leaves (#40 on the diagram) which hold the carriage so that it
can slide from the low to the high position that needed to be re-tensioned (bent) as they were allowing the print head
carriage to tilt forward.

InstantImpression

There are 8 hex bolts that attach the print carriage to 2 bearing blocks. You should be able to see the outside 2 on either end, they are black and on the back wall of the print carriage near the left and right sides. The other 4 are behind the back plate, and a bit more annoying to get to. Also, at low head height, the clearance from platen to head bottom should be 2.2mm. The mounts are slotted, so they may have slid down.

Also, this machine launched in 2006, so not quite 12 years old yet :thumb:

LOL Yes! I know I just was in a hurry with the post. I remember getting the machine in 2007 from SGIA. Yeah It just seems like that long. lol Its been an incredible machine. I had over 4 billion shots on the black head before I had to replace it. Thank you for the Schematic I really appreciate it.