• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Casket Wrap (COFFIN)

RogueRoller

For the shops out there that do wraps there is a nitch you can pick up in your local area that most shops over look. You got it funeral Parlors. It Really make one feel good you see a wrapped casket for a Child, Military service, or just to personalize a casket For a love one. You offer your info to the Parlor but work with there client and get payed by there client. If they order a casket that is wrapped it cost around $3500 more. I offer a wrapped casket from $500 like the one above to $1200 for a full wrap. Just thought I would share. You will never have more pleased clients then the family that you helped that I promise you. Here Is one that I did for a retired captain. I just ask that People dont abuse this nitch. It is a Service and there is no need to charge what the casket companies do it for. Make it affordable.

Attachments

• casket2.jpg
    casket2.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 605
  • casket.jpg
    casket.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 425

CheapVehicleWrap

That's nothing new. So, you're suggesting giving it away to a customer you KNOW isn't coming back? Are you using biodegradable materials?

Bill43mx

Why the biodegradable questions? Most caskets aren't biodegradeable so I don't think the small amount of vinyl on them is an issue.

Justin

Why the biodegradable questions? Most caskets aren't biodegradeable so I don't think the small amount of vinyl on them is an issue.

I'm not sure really. I just figured since it was going directly in the ground... I guess it really wouldn't matter.

CheapVehicleWrap

It's may not seem like an issue, but when someone starts loading the coffins up with scrap liners and weeded vinyl leaving the poor guy no room to turn over it will be.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm not sure really. I just figured since it was going directly in the ground... I guess it really wouldn't matter.

Burials of caskets in most locales go into a concrete liner as a matter of public health and protection of the underground water supply. Caskets not enclosed in liners also have a nasty habit of popping up out of the ground in the event of flooding.

btropical.com

Burials of caskets in most locales go into a concrete liner as a matter of public health and protection of the underground water supply. Caskets not enclosed in liners also have a nasty habit of popping up out of the ground in the event of flooding.

Any Pictures of that ? We just had a holiday where a Zombie came out of the grave last week .

Justin

Well yeah, they do that here, too. I never really thought about wrapping a casket though.. It's a pretty good idea.. I can just imagine what someone my age, or younger would want on it though.. A pony(my little pony), or a rainbow, or some game logo.. Although not my choice to judge, but just saying.

JERHEMI

Creepy thread, but I would have the deceased person's family choose their favorite photo of the person and include that on the wrap! It's a closed casket for a reason most likely, so a nice photo on there would be something for visitors to the casket to rememeber the person by! :thumb:

RogueRoller

As fred said it Most Grave yards require a liner of concrete for a casket to go in the ground.
casket wrapping opens doors you never thought would open for you. When you offer this service you will find a lot of people talk about the great thing you helped with. I found it to be amazing when the US ARMY, THE MARINES, US COAST GUARD & THE NAVY started to call my shop to have Hummers, tractor Trailers & Buses done. When I asked how they heard of me it was because I helped a fellow Man or Women in arms in there last times here on our earth. Plus the businesses that always told me thank you for doing such a great thing for someone they knew. This is a part of life and I always found it a honor to do it for them. Not to many people think of doing this or offering it as a service. I was just trying to share with some Vinyl Shops on how I got to be where I am today. By the way I don't do wraps anymore other then a Casket once and a while. I have other businesses that I focus on more. So when I do get in the Studio now I mostly focus on my 3D signs. God Bless

RogueRoller

It is hard doing the children caskets but they do get to be a challenge. from MatchBox cars, Barbie, Skate boarding themes, You name it. People are surprised when they see it as they enter the parlor and it brings up the fun times they remembered about the Love one or Friend. Then there is the picture collage designs. this is something that only a company like your shop can offer.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
That looks nice. Did you clear coat it afterwords, looks like it has a lacquer coating over the graphic but that may just be gloss from the print or laminate.

I'm not a fan of burial, I prefer cremation. It would be nice for cremation if you could print onto fabric and do a throw or something that will burn up cleanly.

RogueRoller

That looks nice. Did you clear coat it afterwords, looks like it has a lacquer coating over the graphic but that may just be gloss from the print or laminate.

I'm not a fan of burial, I prefer cremation. It would be nice for cremation if you could print onto fabric and do a throw or something that will burn up cleanly.

The high gloss is from the lam. The lighting in the parlor's where they have the viewings is like the brightest lighting I have ever worked under. Makes it really hard to take a good pic you get a lot of glaring.

96XP

How about a promo wrap for DeathSwitch.com
No kidding.
It's a great idea.
But I'm not there just yet.:doh: