• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Casmate headache......

We have had Casmate running for the last 6+ years, old dependable workhorse. Just the other day it quits? Send the job to the plotter and nothing?? so I call the guys at accugraphic and they run over the scenario.....based on that its working the day before, and Casmate shows its sending the job to the plotter, maybe check the com port communication? so I change the settings in Casmate and hook up the plotter through the parrell port, well it works except now its not finshing the plotter job, leaves half a number or letter uncut, no rhyme or reason. Anyone else run into this or have some suggestions ???

Thanks guys, every hair in my head hurts!

Fine Line Darrel

Pro Image

Why type of cutter are you running...........You might have to change some dip switches, and some baud rates to make it work with the parallel port.....

Pro Image

Did your serial port die.........Thats the only reason for it to stop working.......Have you tried installing it on another computer.....

I don't know about the cutter you have but read up on it in the owners manual.......

Ok, so maybe I should have named this thread "computer woes". I do know that some of you guys are pretty smart computer wizz's? Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot the Com 1 port?? this seems to be where the problem is?? Casmate is sending the job to the job manager....but its not getting from the manager to the plotter?? so if I change the Casmate plotter settings from the com port to the serial port it will plot most of the job, but it does some weird things? like not finshing all of the job??

Thanks you guys,

Fine Line Darrel

Techman, when checking the port config it says that "This device is working properly" ?? yet I don't understand any of the settings?? is there something obvious I should be looking for?? or is there any way that I can test the com port?? something must be wrong with it or with the settings?? if I change the settings to the serial port at least it will plot (not completly or correctly) but at least it will send the job and the plotter will recieve it?? Can the com port just stop working?? I'm in way over my head with the hardware, thanks for any help.

Fine Line Darrel

OldPaint

old chinese saying..."95% of computer problems are operator error." really not chinese, something an old computer programer taught me early on)))))))

Ken

Darrell, I would suggest using another( new) parallel cable to the plotter..hope this helps.
Cheers!
Ken