• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CDR to PDF

Joe Diaz

How should I save it where it would be like a eps going to versaworks?

I don't know. My guess would be using the "editing" or "prepress" presets, but that wouldn't be too different from just exporting it as an eps. Experiment with the settings until you get something you like. I don't ever open pdfs in versaworks. I prefer eps or tiff or jpgs.

If we are printing and cutting and it is a simple design (without complex gradients, transparencies, dropshadows, etc.), we just export the artwork as an eps. If it is a more complex design (WITH complex gradients, transparencies, dropshadows, etc.), we flatten the image first, (minus the cut layer), by going to "bitmap" >> "convert to bitmap". Then we export the flattened bitmap image along with the vector cut layer as an eps.

You can also export the bitmap as it's own file (a jpg or tiff) and the vector cut layer as its own file (an eps) then in versaworks print the jpg or tiff and when it is time to cut, Open the eps and cut that. But, you have to make sure there is some sort of common outside border with identical dimensions for both files, otherwise your cut will be off.

sardocs

Joe, when you "flatten" the vector components to a bitmap don't you find the crispness of the image gets compromised a bit?

Joe Diaz

Joe, when you "flatten" the vector components to a bitmap don't you find the crispness of the image gets compromised a bit?

That would depend on the dpi. and keep in mind this isn't the case for all designs, only when dealing with more complex designs that incorporate both vector and bitmap elements.

Tony McD

I usually print from Corel staight to Versaworks without having to save the file again.
Works good...why don't more do it this way?

The pdf's print fine for me without any special tweeking in versaworks, but I'm
not overly picky. Also rgb jpegs at 150 dpi prints nice. Often when theres dropshadows,
or effects, a jpeg with a cut line if needed works best.

Mosh

I usually print from Corel staight to Versaworks without having to save the file again. Works good...why don't more do it this way?

Most of the time I send stuff from corel to versa via eps file. Some photos work better as a tiif and some better as a pdf. Depends on the print how we send it.

jason91

I have a purple that really pops as a tif in versaworks, but the rest i think looks better as an eps....I tried to convert the purple to a bitmap...and export them together with the rest of the graphic as an eps. Versaworks always says the file is corupt???? Any other ideas?