• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE or FC

wes70

We are looking at purchasing a dedicated cutter. Need better accuracy than what our Roland VG can produce. Narrowed in down to either the Graphtec CE7000-130 or the FC9000-140. We don't do huge production runs of decals, etc. There's about a $3500 difference in price. According to specs there isn't much of a difference except for speed and force. Anyone have experience with both machines for a real life comparison?

d fleming

Have a very old fc 100. It still finds registration (arm) and cuts fine on runs less than 5'. I have rarely ever needed to go larger than in one swat that but have done so with acceptable results.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'd go CE series. You're right about the specs. The FC simply does better with sand blast and thicker materials and is more of a production machine.

signheremd

Accuracy of cut is 79 inches on the CE and 50 feet on the FC. I have never run a CE, both our newer and the old are FCs and even the old one is still accurate.

wes70

Accuracy of cut is 79 inches on the CE and 50 feet on the FC. I have never run a CE, both our newer and the old are FCs and even the old one is still accurate.
Hmm...the specs say 5m of accuracy for the CE. I guess it all depends on adding more registration marks.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I have an older CE (6000) and an FC9000. If using registration marks or cutting stuff from a printer, I'd go FC, but if only cutting vinyl, save some money and go CE. It is a lighter duty machine, but has been impressive for regular vinyl cutting.

signheremd

Hmm...the specs say 5m of accuracy for the CE. I guess it all depends on adding more registration marks.
On Graphtec's site,
CE7000-130: Maximum cutting area is 50"x164'; Cutting area of guaranteed accuracy (when using the basket) is 50"x79"

FC9000-140: Maximum cutting area is 54"x164'; Guaranteed Precision Cutting Area is 53"x32' or 35.2"x50'