• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cell phone dimensions

allicatgraphics

Does anyone know where I can find drawings and the external dimensions for cellular phones? I see a great deal of companies selling "skins" and figure the templates must be available somewhere. Thanks for your help!

signswi

Does anyone know where I can find drawings and the external dimensions for cellular phones? I see a great deal of companies selling "skins" and figure the templates must be available somewhere. Thanks for your help!

Places that sell skins make their own templates, speed to market is an important part of those sales and you can't wait on a template vendor.

You can find the more obvious phone templates like the iphone but when you get into the android world with the millions of different phones templates are a lot harder to find.

allicatgraphics

that link was great. unf the phones were a little older. jesse how do they do it then? I mean people who make cases have the cases available as soon as the phone comes out. I figure the dimensional drawings have to be leaked somewhere.

signswi

You could troll the US Patent office but I'm not sure I'd trust the dimensional drawings for an object that often has a number of different curved surfaces.

Most of the phone manufacturers have partner programs that are hard and expensive to get into but give you access to early builds or technical drawings. Same way certain companies have cases ready on day one, but it's a really expensive and daunting process. Most places just buy one of each when they come out and then scramble...